Wagons are scarce?

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by MAK, Jan 1, 2018.

1. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Bringing this back from the past,
    Have been searching the net for 1979 thru 1991 V8 American wagons, usual auto/classic sites, and OMG there are hardly any out there.
    between car on line, classic auto trader, craigslist - East Coast Maine to Miami - found 21 American v8 wagons, ignored beaters and parts car. found a 86 Colony Park silver w/ red identical to mine for $10,000 - posting has since expired, so think that's a little high, nice 84 Crown Vic for $9500, still on the high side?
    Trying to determine realistic price for 85 CP, couple of months ago was thinking $6000, but perhaps too low? will post new pics when I get it back form VA state inspection.
    Selling because just don't drive it anymore, won't fit in garage, not selling for financial reasons. driven less than 400 miles this year and it will waste away sitting which is just wrong.

2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Krash. I really think you’ve hit the nail on the head. There is a finite amount of these out there. I still shake when I think of clamshells being sought after for demo derby work. Even the nice late ‘70’s through ‘90’s wagons are quickly disappearing. I have also noticed that nice Mercury and Buick Sedans, and all models in general are also starting to creep up. These were very nicely equipped cars, they were comfortable and had a nice ride and passable gas Mileage. People want what they grew up with. I often think 10 years ago I should have bought a dozen low mileage 1986-87 Grand Marquis and Colony Park’s and stuck them away. I’d never need another new car.

3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Indeed are classic wagons getting scarce. We can only hope for new classics. Despite my general contempt for contemporary design, methinks Volvo got it right. This one is parked across the street from me. I think, it belongs to one of the foremen overseeing our neighboring building getting remodeled, because it's not always there. I've never noticed another one of these around before. It might be a used Swiss import, being that the Swiss get models which are a notch better than the ones exported to Germany:

Volv_Unknown.jpg

Now that I notice, it's electric-powered. That's what the E stands for, at the end of the plate

Volv_Unknown_E.jpg Volv_Unknown_V.jpg