oil pressure switch location 20R 76 corona wagon...?

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by CoronaWagonGuy, Jan 2, 2023.

1. CoronaWagonGuy

CoronaWagonGuy Member

Ran like a top for 6 years, suddenly won't start. Gave a little kick when I sprayed started fluid, so I'm guessing oil pressure switch or fuel pump. Does anyone know where the switch is located? can't find it tin the manual. Thanks!

2. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Screenshot_20230102-154140.png

It's easier to see there, BUT, I do not remember any Toy engine having an oil pressure switch to control the engine functions, starter, fuel or ignition. It's likely the pump is bad or the filter is super clogged. If you said that you sprayed in fuel but no fire, I'd say pull the dizzy cap, verify it turns during cranking. Common to the 20/22R, either the dizzy drive gear teeth strip off, the driven gear roll pin shears, or the drive gear end bolt unscrews, dropping the link between the camshaft end and the drive gear.

4. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

I used to think, they were good engines. Then again, this was an early design.
    Are those drive gears plastic, like those of the Slant Sixes? That was the only thing I didn't like about my pre-'67 Chrysler Corporation compacts, when I went about doing a bench tune-up on one of those. I used to destroy those gears, while fishing the distributor out of the block. Except for the second generation Barracuda's exterior design, I didn't like and bother owning anything Mopar compact, beginning with the '67 models to where they cheapened the interior materials on those, as well as on the entire Chrysler Corporation production line.
    If it's not starting up, after having been running perfectly before, concentrate on it not getting fuel. There's no reason for oil pumps just to give out, while sitting