60 Nomad Slow Progress, I Need a Push or Jump Start

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by 60 Nomad, Jul 8, 2010.

1. 60 Nomad

60 Nomad Active Member

Thanks for all that information and links. I made shortcuts to the links and put them in my folder. I know all about working outside without a garage. I did a 56 Chevy when I was still living with my parents outside with no garage. They were not too happy about it, but I did it quickly. I even had the frame dipped and painted with Imron paint. The car looked really nice. But with no garage and over the years it needs a paint job again. I still have it, its garage kept now. Has the original 235 six cylinder with 2 speed powerglide transmission in it. Here are a couple of pics, one when I was working on it and the other soon after I finished it.
    14.jpg

My 56 Chevy.jpg

2. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    i luv the shots when she was sporting the old "outsider" pipes !!

i actually have a guy trying to sell me a 60 right now...but the yards ful of Fords....just wouldnt feel right:D

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    '60 Chevys don't seem to get much notice among collectors - not as 'unique' a design as the similar '59, and looks a bit old compared to the 'all new' '61. So thank you for saving this one. It's gonna be a real beauty when she's all done, and you don't have that far to go.

What's her name by the way? (She's got to have a name....)

Marshall