Your ultimate wagon -a what if question

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Jim 68cuda, Aug 27, 2009.

1. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    I've seen a couple of Magnums converted to 300s here in OKC. One was built from a theft-recovery Magnum and a 300 that got a$$-ended, so he took all of the 300 dash, various other interior bits and the 300 front sheet metal, and built one. I like that! Mine would be black and silver with a black leather interior!

Far as older wagons go, I'd have to have a '46 - '48 Chrysler Town and Country wagon, with the desert beige paint, red leather interior and that magnificent wood!!!

An alternate for me would be a '66 Chrysler T&C wagon, with the 440 (first year!), red w/woodgrain sides, K-H wire wheels, tan leather interior, and loaded to the gills! With a 26' Airstream International travel trailer to go with!

Foreign wagons? A Volvo P1800 would do the job for me! Damn, that is one sexy friggin' car! In either Ermine White, or black, with a red or tan interior! A '69 - '72 Datsun 510 would be a great little driver, too!

2. The Stickman

The Stickman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    OK unlimited funds? My wagon with the current theme. But add bigger brakes. Those from a C5/C6 Corvette. This is already planned for winter. Full one EFI on my Olds 350. This too is planned for over the winter. Aftermarket swaybars front and rear. This will come after the EFI and brakes. An complete aftermarket front suspension Also in the plans. Now all of the above will get done. None of that is pie in the sky dreaming. Add that to what I have already done and I have a doable dream car. Now if we take that a step further to dreamland then whe would be talking custom forged wheels. 18X9's in the front and 18X11's in the back. Running BFG KDW2's all around. 275/40's in the front and 335's in the back. Then having the body and paint professionally done with a frame off work through to get all parts stripped and painted or powder coated. Last but not least a twin turbo set up. Believe it or not this too is planned as reality. The wife is a welder so fabbing it up will simply be a matter of designing and getting all the pieces to fit right. Now it sounds like I put alot of cash into my car but you might be surprised how little I really have in it. It will be my dream car all for much less than a new car.

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    --- Kinda looks like this..........

[​IMG]

---- only super-sized.

4. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    if i won the lottery?
    .....i'd still drive rusty old F&M woodie wagons !!!

.....just more !!!...but theyd be insured ALL the time :biglaugh:

5. Choptop

Choptop New Member

Ferrari Shooting Brakes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  6. Choptop

Choptop New Member

7. vejatabul

vejatabul New Member

A Cavalier wagon, carbon fiber body, tube chassis, mid-engine of either TAG F1 turbo era, or possibly Renault, Cosworth, BMW, or even maybe Ferrari of the 1987-ish time frame. Basically a 1200hp 1.5 liter Turbo era F1 car with a Cavalier body.

8. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

I sure do like the way you think! Love the idea of the Charger full length console and flip-down seats being used in your wagon...a very cool interior! And I love the whole sleeper Belvedere thing!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  9. GN300

GN300 Tipmaster G

Chrysler 300 touring (euro) with a 3.0 turbo diesel 6 speed manual!

78 labaron town @ country with a 2door conversion with a t-top!

10. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    Mine would definately be a 1966 Chevrolet Caprice Wagon, same color and everything as in the pic. 396, 4bbl, TH400 transmission. Top of the line all the way as far as options for the year too.[​IMG]

11. Matthew Thompson

Matthew Thompson New Member

Early 70's Buick Clamshell Estate with modern 2WD 2500HD GMC running gear. Duramax/Alison.

If it was a stocker, E55AMG or a V12 XKE Coupé (Does that count?)

12. mrtotty

mrtotty New Member

This is called an Eventer Lynx, I seem to recall.
    Based on the Jaguar XJ-S V12, it is certainly a stylish car, but it was never produced in any significant numbers.
    Owning one would be fun. The V12 engine is sublime, and remains probably the world's most refined engine (that includes any Lexus).
    One of my student's fathers (I am a teacher) used to drive an old Series III V12 saloon along with a contemporary BMW 730i. According to the boy, the Jaguar was far quieter and faster than the BMW, but would only work for three days at a stretch before breaking down and requiring enormous amounts of money to repair.
    There's always a hitch!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  13. Homestar62

Homestar62 New Member

I am agreeing with BillT, I want my previous wagon only finished (73 Pontiac Catalina), but holy canolli, these pics of NEW wagons you guys have shared in the thread look absolutely amazing!:thumbs2: Stunning actually and with the technology and handling to boot.:clap: Guess I need to have 2 favorites of all time sorry to break the rule.:tiphat:

14. The Stickman

The Stickman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

So just make your wagon do what you want it to do. That is what I am doing and haven't sunk a ton of cash into it and it handles great and is stunning for me to look at.

15. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

One of the jobs I've had was as lot boy and detailer at a Jag and Volvo dealership back in the mid '80's. So I got to drive quite a bunch of nice cars!
    When you floor a V12 they just hunker down go....
    :burnout: