young people and wagons..

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Camber, Oct 8, 2009.

1. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    Yes, the ride is fantastic, and the power accessories! It's like a Caddy! Plush seats, upholstered door panels, trim. The only plastic is the dash, no plastic door panels, seats, etc, etc. Those bucket seats are not 'fat guy friendly' as I say. I'm 6 1 250 lbs and these little cars are no good for a man of that stature.

2. tsynek

tsynek New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah dude, my back hurts when I drive my civic. I'm 6'2" and 280lbs. My impalas feel nice. Yesterday I drove around 250 miles (in my civic) just running around for work and errands in Houston. I wonder what that would have cost in my wagon, mabey around $60 (lots of stop and go). Any way my back fricken hurts. If only I was rich I would drive my impalas everywhere, hell I'd throw a 502 crate big block up in that biatch and tear it up all day:party5:. As far as keeping with the theme of this thread, I'm 35yo and have no intention of growing up much more than my present state.

3. Steve-E-D

Steve-E-D Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm the same height, but thin as a rail. I can barely fit in my '74 Toyota. With the seat all the way back, my legs are still way too long. I had to install a 12" racing wheel because the stock 14 1/2" wheel sat directly on my legs preventing me from lifting my foot off the gas and onto the brake. With my legs in that position, my shins start to cramp up after a while.

In comparison, when I sit in my wagon, my legs are straight out, totally relaxed and comfortable.

4. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    my dads first car was a meyers manx

5. marcar1993

marcar1993 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I usually get crap for my wagon from my peers... Those who have ridden in it love it. All of my friends do. I'm 16, and my wagon has been in the family since it was new. I've always loved it, and I've owned it 7 years now. Do the math, I was 9 when it became mine.
    I also get crap from some of the guys at car shows. They make comments about how they don't want that g-d damn wagon next to their 2000 vette.
    "Sorry didn't hear you, you want me to back into your plastic vette with my 5000 lbs wagon with metal bumpers?"

6. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

You go, marcar. There's only us elite few who know that a car ain't classy unless it's got a real long roof.

7. Steve-E-D

Steve-E-D Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbs2:

8. Phantom SS

Phantom SS New Member

Wagon Garage:
    im young own a wagon an love em

9. jaxops

jaxops Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    West Virginia has quite a station wagon-following!! There's at least 3 others from your neck of the woods on the forum!

10. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    What the hell is a dime a dozen Vette doing at a car show? I can't stand it when I see cereal box Vette's and PT Cruisers at car shows.

The neighbor kid has one of them ugly little 2009 FORD Fusions. The kid is nothing but a mouthy annoyance. I saw him at the Post Office and he said see my new car? I said, yup, its ugly and a 4 banger. He said it looks better then your POS wagon and I asked him how nice it will be making payments when he looses his job because our local economy is in the tank, No comment. He waited till I came out of the PO and pulled out behind me and rode my bumper. So I jumped on it and so did he. I have to give him credit, he did try, but try as he may, his little $300+ a month FORD just could not keep up to my paid for $1200 POS wagon. What I find even more funny. 7 months I have had my blue Roadmaster, I have done nothing to it except buy 2 rear tires, change the oil 3 times and replaced the front brakes. His Fusion has been in the shop twice now and once for 2 weeks. I wonder how it feels to make payments on a car that sits in the shop being repaired? It sure feels good to see it happen to a mouthy little 19 year old punk. :rofl2:

So how I see it, I am up on him atleast 4 times, -1 paid for, -1 out ran him and -2 he has had it in for work atleast twice.

4 - POS Wagon
    0 - FORD Fusion

Wagons Rule!

11. jaxops

jaxops Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Blackfoot (or is it "heavy foot??"),

:chirp: THAT was Hilarious!!!! :rofl: