What wagon is the ultimate wagon to you?

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Booboo59er, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Taranau

Taranau Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    those Colt Vistas

Yeah,that's it!;) A 4WD version?:yippee: Now,eventhough it's not really a Dodge,that sounds like it would be a good thing to have.:yahoo:

2. Bluegrass Cruiser

Bluegrass Cruiser New Member

Actually in this day and age you really don't need AWD/4WD. Certianly if you live in areas of lots of incremental weather but not if you live in more warmer climes. If you get a FWD or even RWD vehicle with traction control you get much of the benefits of that without the increase in curb weight. Which of course can translate in better gas mileage.

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I have family up in Carson City, Nevada, and I seem to recall that the 4WD Colt Vistas were quite popular up there. Saw more up there than I saw in L.A., and it's 100 X's as big.

4. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    hey, if i cant get my car out ...ill use a sick day. :evilsmile:
    i seem to live in an odd part of pa. we get snow where i live, but not as much where i work.

5. Taranau

Taranau Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    stuff

Blue;true enough about that traction control stuff.Those MBZ vans were dorkily tall,and yet more stable than the big Dodge vans they replaced.
    Krash;colt vistas,being Dodges and Plymouths would've been untrendy and uncool in trendily cool L.A.That's probably why there weren't so many of them here.In fact,I don't remember seeing too many Toyota/Mitsubishi versions either.
    a1a;I empathize.When it happens here in L.A.,rainfall is radically different from one neighbourhood to another.The yearly averages are 16 inches Downtown,32 inches where I live and 60+ inches in nearby Big Tujunga Canyon...The worst part is,that the government still hasn't figured out proper raindrainage.