photo discovery

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by OldFox, Jul 22, 2022.

1. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

For some reason, we never took a lot of pictures of our cars. The wife was looking thru some old albums and ran across these. This was taken in 1990. They were all purchased from customers for their towing bill and a couple of hundred bucks to boot. All were in excellent condition, but the customers were tired of them and decided they needed to buy a new car instead of repairing them. The Pontiac was a salesman's car from WI who was in the area for business. It had a broken crank and cost me a towing bill plus a plane ticket back to WI. I don't remember the details on the others, but I had less than $500 apiece in them.

I told both of my sons that I would buy their first car. After that they were on their own. The blue one was my youngest son's. Unfortunately he was forced off the road in a construction area and T-boned a median curb, taking out the whole undercarriage. Since it wasn't his fault and he was going away to college and couldn't have a car on campus, I did replace it with another in his junior year.

The other son had a mint, red Fairmont sports couple. He was playing stink-finger with his girl friend and pulled in front of a Sears delivery truck. He thought I would get him another. I reminded him of my original deal and he rode his bike for several years until he could buy his own.

wagon1_0001.jpg

This is a couple of years later and all of the above are gone and replaced with others. I have no recollection of who I sold them to. The Blazer was a surveyor's vehicle. It gave up the ghost on the way back from WI while towing my boat from Scout camp. It overheated and expired as I pulled into my driveway. I put a new Targetmaster motor in it, along with a cam, headers, and intake. I drove it for many years and finally gave it to a circuit minister in northern Iowa. The Buick also had a broken crank and the Caddy needed a timing chain and water pump.

wagon2.jpg