My 1967 Ford Country Sedan

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by winged one, Jul 21, 2012.

1. winged one

winged one Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The ones that will be replaced are still in the car. I will keep in mind what you say. Problem is, they are covered in faux fur. And from other panels covered, they are spray glued on. Don't know if anyone will be interested in fighting with them. But, you never know.

2. unkldave

unkldave Cockroach Dave

Wagon Garage:
    In case you're interested, I have a set of 66 ten inch poverty dog dish hub caps that might go well with your build!? I'd let em go cheap. like $10 buck apiece maybe?

3. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Certainly a fair price, but I am afraid I cannot use them.

I plan on getting a new set of Cragar Keystone Klassics eventually.

Be sure to post an ad for your caps in the advertisements of this this forum.

4. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Yes, I have disappeared over the winter. The CS is still at the shop and I still need a 67 driver side quarter panel (or bottom portion).

Sold the 2002 Focus wagon last week. Hated to see it go. If we could have got a new Focus wagon we would have. Had to settle for a new sedan.

I check the want ad's, the craiglist ad's etc on this site nearly every day hoping to find something (even a better 67). No luck.

5. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Progress

Unable to obtain a driver side quarter panel, I found a restoration shop near Portland. Got the car back after a couple weeks, and now I have to wait until the end of the month to get it back into Eaton Auto Body (their stalls are tied up).

Nasty's repaired the driver side quarter panel, took out the side glass and repaired under the lip, and repaired the spare tire well with one of the three pieces that I was able to obtain. The spare tire well is comprised of three pieces. I was able to obtain the large well portion, but Nasty's had to form the other pieces. This is what I needed, a place that can form metal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did I mention all the rot? Did I mention I am an idiot for buying this.

But I am too into it to buy Brian's beauty. My costs would just be too much, as surprisingly enough, I am on the down side of the project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fear not, I have the passenger QP.

I hope to have it back by Spring. They should get started on it and I will be dropping in to take pictures.

One surprising thing was that the drip rail was not a single piece, but a thin shiny cover over the steel. I thought it was all one piece. hunh.

6. BPinsent

BPinsent Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Any kind of progress is good news, please keep us up to date.
    Can I ask what the original colour of the car was?
    Does it match the colour of the rim for the spare tire?

I have seen other Ranch Wagons with rims that match the body in colour and have the dog dish/poverty caps installed and I am leaning that way with mine.

I was curious if it was that way with the Country sedans as well.

Keep up the battle!!

7. pvan

pvan Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Good to hear you have a quarter and it will be moving forward. I always tell myself "this is marathon, not a sprint" to help keep my focus on completing the tasks to keep me from rushing and missing something.

Going to look good when you get there!

8. Dr B Smith

Dr B Smith Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    What PVAN said! It took me over 7 years. Its a marathon!

9. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks guys!

It's nice to hear from you 3. It's like a support group. "Hello, my name is Thomas, and I have an old wagon addiction". :oops:

Nose to the grindstone. :)

Brian: The CS was originally Beige Mist Metallic, at least according to records I have, and metal that has seen the light of day for the first time since the wagon was assembled. The spare rim is the original color of the car. Looking at the rim it looks like it was used and had a trim ring on it.

So it does appear that you could get plain painted wheels and poverty caps on a CS.

10. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Winged One: Base equipment on all the full sized Fords, with the possible exception of the LTD, was the steel wheel painted body colour with a 10 inch 'poverty' cap. Some people did not realize that when ordering their cars. One of our neighbours had a stunning 68 Country Squire, and it was loaded with every option you could get except any wheel dress up! Somehow black wall tired and poverty caps just did not look quite right on a totally loaded CS! They mistakenly thought that whitewalls and full wheel covers were standard equipment. It got the up grade the next week!

11. Dr B Smith

Dr B Smith Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    This has been a topic of discussion with 1967 big ford expert Adrian Clements. I asked him about the dog dish option availability on the Country Squire as well, and here is an email response to me with his knowledge on the subject:

Brian,
    All 1967 Ford Country Squire (regular and Dual Facing Rear Seats 4-door station wagons) came standard with 15" diameter full wheel covers with red centers and 20 black painted "spokes", Ford part number C7AZ-1130-B. These wheel covers were also standard equipment on the 1967 Ford XL 2-door hardtop and convertible.

The "dog dish" hub caps, 10-1/2" diameter, Ford part number C7AZ-1130-A, were standard equipment on the 1967 Ford Custom (2-door & 4-door sedan), 1967 Ford Custom 500 (2-door & 4-door sedan), 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 (4-door sedan, 4-door hardtop, 2-door hardtop, and convertible), 1967 Ford Ranch Wagon (4-door station wagon), and 1967 Ford Country Sedan (regular and Dual Facing Rear Seats 4-door station wagons).

The 1967 Ford LTD (4-door sedan, 4-door hardtop, and 2-door hardtop) came standard with their own unique 15" diameter full wheel covers with black "LTD" centers and short black "turbine" lines, Ford part number C7AZ-1130-E. These wheel covers were not available on any other 1967 Ford full-size Fords other than the LTDs.

The C7AZ-1130-B full wheel covers were optional for $21.34 on the cars that came standard with the C7AZ-1130-A dog dish hub caps.

Styled Steel 16-1/4" diameter full wheel covers (which were simulated mag wheel covers with holes for the chrome lug nuts to show through, often referred to as "7-Litre wheel covers" because they were standard on the 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 7-Litre 2-door hardtop and convertible), Ford part number C6AZ-1130-C, were optional for $56.98 on the cars that came standard with the C7AZ-1130-A dog dish hub caps, and for $35.70 on the cars that came standard with the C7AZ-1130-B or the C7AZ-1130-E full wheel covers.

All 1967 Ford full-size cars that came standard with the C7AZ-1130-A dog dish hub caps had black-painted steel wheels (painted by Kelsey Hayes, the wheel manufacturer, at their production facility) over which the body paint color was sprayed only on the front surface of the wheel in the Small Parts area of the Paint Shop at the Ford assembly plant. That is why my dog dish hub cap-equipped 1967 Ford Country Sedan 4-door station wagon has Vintage Burgundy wheels.

All 1967 Ford full-size cars that came standard with the C7AZ-1130-B, C7AZ-1130-E, and C6AZ-1130-C full wheel covers had black-painted steel wheels, again painted by Kelsey Hayes at their production facility.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need more information, Brian.

Yours in old Ford iron,

Adrian
    amclements@motorcitygalaxieclub.com
    President of the Motor City Galaxie Club, www.motorcitygalaxieclub.com
    1967 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible, 390-2V & C6 Cruise-O-Matic
    1967 Ford Galaxie 500 2-door hardtop, 428-4V & Toploader 4-speed
    1967 Ford Country Squire 4-door 5+4 passenger station wagon, 428-4V & Toploader 4-speed
    1967 Ford Custom 2-door sedan, 428-4V Police Interceptor & C6 Cruise-O-Matic
    1967 Meteor Montcalm S-33 convertible, 428-4V & Toploader 4-speed
    1967 Ford Custom 2-door sedan, 427-4V & Toploader 4-speed

12. BPinsent

BPinsent Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thank you for posting the info from Adrian, the man sure knows his '67 Fords. :)

13. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Agreed. He sure has quite the collection! :2_thumbs_up_-_anima

14. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Progress (well some anyway)

Some progress photo's of the old girl. They have replaced the passenger side quarter with the NOS piece. They had to replace some more bad metal when installing, but the NOS piece itself fit perfectly.

img_5042.jpg

They have also removed two doors and the front fender to do some minor work on them.

img_5044.jpg

The oh-so-slow process continues.

15. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Wow! Major progress! ;)

I like those angle brackets on the rear wheels. Neat rigging.

So they take their boots off before getting inside the car too! :rofl2: