Looking for info on this model...............

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Safariknut, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Safariknut

Safariknut Well-Known Member

Don't remember if I have posted this before(my synapses are taking napses of late)but thought I would post this anyway.
    Bought this(and another vehicle that looked to be made by the same company)several years ago at an antique shop. The vendor had no idea where it came from or who made it. I thought at first it may have been made by the Banthrico Co. that used to make dealer promotional models(slush molds)back in the late 1940's and early 1950's but the wheels on both of these are machined aluminum whereas the Banthrico cars had cast wheels.
    The detail is somewhat crude compared to the models of today but they are models of two unusual cars: a 1953 Ford sedan delivery and a 1955 Ford Fairlane 4 door sedan. They look to be right at 1/25th scale. There are no marks on them and the bottoms are void of detail. Any info would be greatly appreciated. DisplayCaseSouthWall 063.jpg DisplayCaseSouthWall 064.jpg DisplayCaseSouthWall 065.jpg DisplayCaseSouthWall 066.jpg

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

There are no marks on the bottom? Promos always said who made them, as far as I've seen.

3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Unfortunately I can't offer you any help in identifying who produced them, but I must say they are two unique models. I know it's nice to have some information on things in a collection, but the lack thereof does make them a conversation piece. I like them. Glad you added them to your collection.

4. WyoSportwagon

WyoSportwagon New Member

Are they metal, plastic,resin? are they fairly heavy?

K

5. Safariknut

Safariknut Well-Known Member

They are cast aluminum(hollow inside I believe)similar to the old Banthrico and AMT(Aluminum Model Toys)vehicles of the 1950's.That is what I thought they were at first but the originals had cast wheels that weren't very realistic looking. These have machined aluminum wheels.

6. siemensnek

siemensnek Member

Understood on the 2 dozen invoices per customer. May I ask what the tabs for your budget builds that you posted here a while back amounted to and what exactly made them budget builds vs a normal build?