I don't know which is crazier ...

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jim535, Oct 12, 2021.

1. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I had an uncle that lived in Ft. Lauderdale. He used to call it Gods waiting room, and the drivers Q-tips.

2. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    When my son turned 16, 1999, I got him a 1988 RX-7 convertible White with blue leather, bought from a Ford dealer in St. Charles IL for $2800, think it had less than 50,000 mile. everything worked except the windshield washers - clogged tubes and the electric antenna, which we replaced. Sold it 3 years later for $3500.00 everything still worked, we sent him to college with a leased Jeep - which he disliked but as he said it's free to me and goes in snow! It was a fun car

3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

"Jeez, he sounds like our old man! Now he's gonna send us out for some beers!"

4. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Let me apologize in advance for the Ontarians coming to Nova Scotia, Fannie. I hope they behave themselves. But, I'm afraid they won't. :(

That's fun :biglaugh:the other day I was being tailgated by some idiot. I mean they were close!!! I could very easily make out that Ontario plate and the parsley in their teeth.

60Mercman likes this.
  5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Haha--parsley.....

6. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    Ways to identify a driver from Ontario:

1. Tailgates the crap out of you. On an otherwise empty road/highway. He/she likes to be close to other people.
    2. Arrives at a stop sign intending to turn left, but doesn't put his/her turn signal on because you can read minds, right?
    3. Yellow lights mean "hit the pedal to the metal".
    4. Speed limits are a recommendation for the Ontario driver, not a law.
    5. Probably driving a BMW/Mercedes/Audi SUV because, hey! He/she just sold his/her ridiculously priced home in TO.
    6. Needs an 4WD SUV because, y'know, New Brunswick/Nova Scotia/Newfoundland have snow in the winter, unlike Toronto.

You might think I'm joking, but all of the above are 100% true! ;)

fannie likes this.
  7. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    More ways to identify the driver from Ontario:
    7. He/she is the one in the far left lane, on the otherwise empty four lane highway, driving at 140 kmph (the limit is 100 kmph) tailgating the crap out of the other Ontario driver ahead of him/her.
    8. His/her Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Infiniti SUV is the one in the ditch after a two inch snowfall because, like, what’s the point of a AWD SUV if you can’t drive like an idiot 24/365 with one?
    9. He/she cuts across four lanes of highway traffic at 140 kmph, and nearly hits the guardrail, because getting off at the next exit after missing your exit is for losers.
    10. Texting while driving is OK, because living in Ontario has endowed him/her with superpowers normally unavailable to others from other provinces.

If y’all don’t believe all of this is true, come up and vacation in Ontario some time. Just take out travel insurance before your visit. :D

fannie likes this.
  8. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Four lanes :biglaugh:won't see any of those around here. Although, there are three lanes going by the scales & airport. For the most part it confuses people, they're just not sure what to do with it. Usually you will find a third lane when there is a hill which would slow down tractor trailers, so the rest of the traffic can continue on. But that fourth lane now that's a conundrum...:rofl2:

A few years ago we did drive from Niagara Falls to Ottawa. I could not hand the four lanes, the traffic, the tail gating. I had to get hubby to turn get off that highway. We continued or trip on a secondary road. It was nuts.