Hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by pnoyes, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Hey man that's really cool! I went surfing last year in cape cod. It was my first time. I used to skate a lot and always wanted to try. First reason I had no fun is because of the local jack wagons. They were upset because I was on their turf or some rediculous crap. After some harsh language and a mild "chest beating" I made my way to the beach. Water was freezing which i bet y'all are used to but as I am floating around, trying to catch my breath I see what looks like somebody swimming around making their way closer and closer to me.This is strange because the sea was angry that day my friends, not a day for a casual swim. Then I see this fat little round black head poke out of the water with two large eyes bulging out of the sides. A seal! I never seen one before so it was cool, but then I started thinking about seals and most of the time on the nature channel they are not the feature, but usually the food. Another reason why I'd like to try out surfing in Chicago, no sharks!!

Eagle Freek likes this.
  2. Eagle Freek

Eagle Freek Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the videos. I showed them to my boss who is an avid surfer. He grew up on the coast of Mississippi and lived in Hawaii for a few years. As soon as he saw the icicles hanging from their faces, he said, "Hell No!"

This is my opinion of owning a 30 year old vehicle. You either need to know how to work on it, know somebody who will help you or be prepared to spend money on a mechanic, if you find one willing to work on an older car. I own older vehicles myself, because I prefer them over the newfangled stuff.

This is my opinion of the AMC Eagle after owning 3 over a 10 year period. I enjoyed owning them and they are generally not too difficult to work on. They tend to be fairly reliable if they have been taken care of in the past. They can hold up to some abuse, but you have to know their limitations with smaller tires than most SUVs, you have to pick your line if the trail is rough. You can't drive it like your racing the Baja 1000. The front control arms aren't the most stout and can bend if you hit a pot hole fast enough. I personally have never bent one. They aren't the most powerful vehicle, but get the job done. When I was married, it was rather cramped when the family got in it. Being a single guy now, I still would be wanting more room for my gear. Since you are in the rust belt, I would be concerned with rust in critical areas. Even though they came Zeibarted from the factory, they are prone to rust since they are primarily used as a winter vehicle.
    I sold my last Eagle almost a year ago and honestly I had fun with them, but I don't plan on ever getting another. I currently own a 1988 Isuzu Trooper and it does everything I need it to do. It has much more room, larger tires, full frame, low range transfer case and it's fuel injected. Mine's a 4 cylinder and I was surprised that it's not a total slug, however there are times I wish it had a few more horsepower. Not to steer you away from this awesome site, but everything you need to know about an AMC Eagle can be found at the Eagle forum. http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php It used to be Eagles Nest, but I don't have time to write a novel on how it wound up Den.

3. PastorBubba

PastorBubba Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome. I enjoy AMC and all of my hobby cars are AMC or it predecessors. My 51 Nash Rambler has an AMC 258 from a 79 Concord wagon under the hood. I actually have two more 258s in the garage, one was hot rodded and the other is from a farm implement. I have not had any issues getting parts for them, but they are old enough now that the parts may not be in stock but can be there within a day or two so that takes a little more planning if I am working on the car and don't want to wait for parts.