Hi Y'all, newbie here - with a question

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by speedcat, Oct 6, 2022.

1. speedcat

speedcat New Member

Hey folks,

Thanks for having this sweet forum. I just joined to ask about a 1967 Mercury Commuter station wagon... my buddy has one that's been in the family forever and although it has a lot of miles, it's in great shape. 390 ci, automatic. I think it's Sea Foam Green, or maybe the lighter green that doesn't seem to have a name. He's considering selling it but I have had trouble even finding any comparables so I don't know how much he should offer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!
    -Speed

2. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the forums! This is a great place to get answers on just about anything wagon related! (plus some other topics) To help figure out a price range could you get some pictures, mileage, and any options that are on the wagon? I'm sure there will be someone along to chime in. Hope you get the info you need and enjoy your stay on the forums!.....Longroofs Rule!

3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome speedcat. Another thing that could be helpful is photos.

4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome. Agree that pictures and a description of the car and milage would help. We’ve have a few members that have/had ‘67-‘68 commuters. They’re really nice cars. You might also want to go on to like Hagerty or some classic car price sites. They may give you a ballpark of what your looking at. Station wagons have really shot up in value. The good news is as far as “buying “ for some reason the Mercury line is somewhat less than a comparable Ford. Which is kinda strange, as Ford production was in some cases 5-10xs that of Mercury.

5. Wagonrodder

Wagonrodder Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Cant wait to see the pics...and welcome from the Pacific Northwest!

6. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: aboard.

7. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! I had both - a '67 Colony and a '68 Commuter. These are really unique cars, as you just don't see many these days compared to the Fords of the era. I think the Mercs were arguably better built and in most cases, better equipped. I sold both of mine to a fellow from Hazleton, PA and they are still in that area. I should've kept the '68, as it was originally a 428 car, and now I realize I could've gotten a 428 from a T-Bird junker for some semblance of originality (it had a 400 mortified in it - not a bad engine, but not original)

8. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Nice find. If it's running and drivable, it's a fairly solid car from that time. Member Leadslead has a '66 Monterey Breezeway he bought up in Washington, drove back to Texas, and never broke down. He's been slowly working on restoring it (it's now repainted back in its original greyish blue), and runs like a top. I think he paid somewhere around $2K for it, but bear in mind, it only had its basic functions working at the time. So this wagon's worth would depend on whether it's drivable, what options it has, and what real condition it's in.