Hello from NW Ohio: 1980 Buick Electra Estate Wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by 350x, Oct 5, 2010.

1. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

OK did some gold leafing, not as nice in the end as you lose some of the color of the varigated gold when cleared over, but you gotta or it will turn worse color then that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Looking pretty cool 350X!!

That beasty on yer intake is just begging to peer through a scoop!

3. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

Naaa no scoop, was to standout-ish

and that where the next skull is going.

masking off a skull, then painting bed liner around it, to give texture, the skull will just be paint color then.

just waiting for the bed liner to come in.

ordered it from Lowes, had to buy 2, 1 gallon kits, but it was only $40 each.

All other store want $80 each, so I got two for $80.

4. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

Started on the hood, used a poster program to blow up an image of the skull,

http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=download&lang=english

pieced it together [22 standard sheet of printer paper], covered in tape and cut out. Then covered hood with tape and put down the template and pencil outline. Then cut out. Sanded hood.

Skull area will stay shiny paint, rest of the hood will be done in 2 part epoxy bed liner, will add texture.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Wow! That is impressive! Always figured there had to be a tool to make large images. Tried to build (software) myself, but missed some printer coding language stuff to make it work on most printers.

Sheesh, with Hallowe'en coming up, your ride's gonna lead the parade!:thumbs2:

6. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

yea in the old days when printers sounded like you were skinnin a cat they could do that, but could not find a setting or option in anything I own to do that.

Though once I found that program, first mistake, making it 6ft x 6ft [needed 3ft x 3ft] other problem was printing. I could not print more then 2 pages at once, even though some where 100% white. Try to print more then 2 pages of the pdf file it make the xp laptop choked on it hard for some reason.

7. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I've got an Epson dot-matrix printer (the screaming banshee! :rofl2:) with a full 22" wide print width. Neat machine. Also have a wide HP Deskjet 1000c, that can print 17" paper, that I picked up from a used PC retailer for $200. They were new at about $1,200. I use them for drafting my house renos, from my CAD program.

We want to silkscreen glass with a collection of Mexican fighting roosters for the kitchen doors. This program will come in real handy to either make the decals or the larger images, in any size we want!

8. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

Ok its done but the glue from the tape stuck to the hood and I gotta wait 24hrs before I can wash it off. Can't wait to see it cleaned up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

got the goo off, turtle wax adhesive remover, few sprays n all gone.

[​IMG]

10. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

Making my own raiseable pirate flag.

Had to make my own flag cause I needed a limited size of 10in in length.
    As it needs to hide in a tube and total length of tube and power antenna unit im using, limits room.

Will go in the nose of the fender on the right.

Already tested it with a section of bicycle frame tube, it raised and hide away fine / antenna motor could drag it up and down. But need a new section of tube that isn't all crusty.

Using the KISS system. Bought $20 shipped ebay power antenna, made a flag, attached it, tested it, now need to figure out how to attach the tube to it. Then ill figure out how to mount it in the car ;) if I think to far ahead,
    I might give up now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

Wanna guess what this hole is for? ;)

[​IMG]

Not sure how its going to work, couldn't use the full piece of pipe I had for the flag to hide down into it. Antenna is bolted into the bottom of the front fender as low as I could get it. Sure raising will be fine but dunno if there is enough depth for the antenna to pull the flag all the way down into the hole like my test showed it could do, but I had to cut off a bunch of the pipe. Might have to poke the flag down into the hole as needed.

Will need a little mud still and some paint, gonna smooth over the stock power antenna hole as its been broken off forever. And would of put it there but no way I was taking half the front end apart just to get to it.

12. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

Been a while, was time to change things up again. Have had this scoop about 20 years, been a home for bugs last 10+, was time to put it to use.

hood is also really roached now, if it wasn't for the pipes bolted down the sides, it would fold in half. So it was no loss.

Attached Files:

13. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    [​IMG]

Cool! Guess the hole didn't work out?

14. 350x

350x 'Echinsu Ocha'

Its in there, but still haven't gotten a cable to make it functional as a radio antenna, I always buy Pioneer decks for the Super Tuner, never needed an antenna on any car ive owned. [ so I shaved most of them off to be different, though all I do is shove it down into the hole and weld over it. ]

It’s only been on there for three days, just clear coated the whole thing yesterday, cept hood n scoop. [ it has fresh bed liner on it ] Well I was checking things over before a ride and kids come by on their bikes. 9-12 range n one says to the others “Cool Buick” that’s enough for me ;)

15. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    (y) Excellent...guess that makes you the cool Buick guy. :clap: