Hello from Florida/ Northern Michigan

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Oldog, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Oldog

Oldog New Member

It's a real shame to have a vehicle sit ...especially one that was given ...

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    :redface:I agree. --------- But real life is not a book or a movie. No matter how much we plan and rewrite the script, life takes a turn... or two!
    I have two vehicles that have been sitting all alone in my garage for just over four years, neglected and wanting to go for a ride.:eek:
    My oldest son also has had my 1939 Ford coupe, my son in law has my 1948 Chevy panel, also both sitting, neglected in nearly new garages, every tool known to modern man, needing work, and wanting to ride on the streets of central Illinois.:90:
    A cruel, sometimes cold, overtaxed place, but home is where we are born, raised, and have family. Sometimes it's nearly as bad as Michigan, without Florida man!

All have small block Chevy running gear and were driveable, dependable, and fun cruisers........... Except for the '48 Panel truck, not yet finished, but running.:facepalm:
    Sadly my wife and I got old..... older, and our adopted son kept 'borrowing' parts to keep his own older Chevys on the road. Little did I know that he 'borrowed' everything bolted to the engines. Now my cars sit, useless and rusting away, just like me.:slap:
    Since moving back to our hometown I and my few 'old car guy' friends have lost track of good old car mechanics to put at least my '55 Chevy wagon and '41 Ford back together and ready to cruise.

Ironically, my son and son in law now finally understand why I left so many projects unfinished. They too, have other things further up on their 'to do' lists.

Let this be a leason, and a warning, to other lovers of old cars, wagons, trucks, and wheeled vehicles.------ Get out in the shop, garage, man cave, or shade tree and start tinkerin and finishing those projects that you keep putting off till TOMORROW. Sometimes tomorrow never comes or arrives too late.:tiphat:
    I rarely get on my favorite car and bike sites, rarely even send emails. Our house and TV have become SMART as we sit watching old TV reruns or stare out the windows. It's 15 degrees, snow is melting, and I seem more allergic to the cold and snow than ever. I can almost hear my old wagon crying and rusting away.

fannie and wagoninsane like this.
  3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I'm sorry Denny. I wish I could help you out my friend.
    I appreciate the reminder though. Tomorrow is promised to no one. Make today count.

fannie and ModelT1 like this.
  4. Oldog

Oldog New Member

Damn ...I have lived my life with the lesson I learned long ago .." I used to complain I had no shoes until I met a man with no feet "" I do not know your age but I keep moving as I am afraid to stop .. because I rarely get rid of anything my friends kid that I am better at building pole barns than cars/ trucks ( 8000 sq.ft. in Michigan) I am just finishing a small garage here in Florida an will bring ONE vehicle at a time to finish between rounds of golf and day trips ...

Attached Files:

ModelT1 likes this.
  5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I rarely complain. Found out long ago it does no good.
    One of the first things I did after moving to five acres in the Florida boonies was measure and lay out an addition to a simple 18X36 storage shed with no front wall. O stored 3- cars and enouhg parts to build what seemed like a dozen more.We had a nice 3-car garage with covered walk to our double wide. Which became a quad wide by the time I finished. At one time the 3-car garage had 4-cars and more spare parts. Behind it is a 12X20 workshop with car port on each end. Trouble was, we loved being retired and camping, bike, and car events more than finishing those old cars.
    Still, no real complaints. Getting old is part of retiring. I try to ignore the other choice.

Orth........ Thanks for the shout. Grand daughter just got here........ She's five and outside playing in the cold and snow. I suppose I should visit our son. I'm not about to go outside to play.

Doghead likes this.
  6. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

Your fingers seem to be also, because of your frequency of posting here :naughty:

7. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

My pleasure! Enjoy spending time with your Grand daughter!

8. Oldog

Oldog New Member

Well I'd tell you to come back to Florida but here in northern Florida temps are below average.... better than northern Michigan thou ...been cruising the back streets here and finding treasures .. now gotta to remember how to attach picyure

Attached Files:

9. Oldog

Oldog New Member

Attached Files: