Glad to see.........

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by twday, May 9, 2021.

1. twday

twday Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sure am glad to see that Station Wagon Forums.com has not guzzled the kool aid and decided to kill their website and go to Facebook like some other sites. SWF still has a great site and a lot of information. many people, like myself, have left the social media sites for one reason or another and refuse to bow to the beast. As always, great site administrators.

2. WagonTheDog

WagonTheDog Well-Known Member

Ugh. Totally agreed! I hate it when websites do that. Whenever they do, I never participate ever again. Facebook is okay for personal content and keeping in touch with distant friends and family, but not for a special interest community atmosphere. Oftentimes, I find Facebook community groups to just be a random dump bin of nonsense with no real organization or continuity.

A forum platform is always so much better because it actually inspires people to communicate more in-depth with each other and in a more meaningful way, instead of just an impersonal Facebook post with a short caption and maybe a couple pictures. Forums are so much better because of all the topic-specific threads and subforums that allow each topic to flourish and develop in a much more in-depth and interesting way. I've always found forums to be a much better platform for real discussion and information, and for creating and sustaining more meaningful friendships.

Sadly, I don't think younger generations quite understand why forums have a deeper purpose, and are so valid and legitimate as a platform, which sadly, has only caused a slow decline in forums overall. But I'm sure glad for sites that don't waver from maintaining a forum platform. It's just so much better.

wagonmaster likes this.