Danica Patrick??

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by silverfox, Feb 20, 2011.

1. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    WOW! I never would have believed that he would be very successful because of his extremely hot temper and raw social skills. But....that's HIM.

2. Ampypants

Ampypants Beer Drinker

You know this whole thread and there are ZERO pics of Danica Patrick!!!

SSSOOOO.....

[​IMG]

Oh my.....how this makes NASCAR so much better!!!

3. rancheronut

rancheronut New Member

yep your the proof people only think girls are ok if there good looking. try keeping the sluty photos to your playboy.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  4. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

It kills me how she tries to use her sexuality to gain ground in the racing world. That is not the first picture I've seen of her either. In my opinion, it's a pretty cheap shot. I have a lot more respect for Sarah Fisher.

Bill

5. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    X2 about Sarah Fisher. But, regarding Danica....it's not her fault. It's the guys in the ad and media world. If you were offered the money she gets offered you would lay on that fender too! It does really bother me, though, that Sarah gets hardly a mention. She's dedicated, has less money behind her and often finishes better than Danica. Shows you how biased the media is.

6. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

Well, no dis-respect, but I dis-agree. That is part of what's wrong with this world today. Too many people putting money before principle.

...happens in Hollywood just about all the time.

Bill

7. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    No doubt, Bill. Actually, I think we are on the same page here. I was in the film biz in Hollyweird AND in the ad biz for 30 years. But, in today's market, when people are offered millions for a few minutes time....well...hard to resist. NASCAR and the media chose to use Danica to promote new fans for the sport. She was, at first, shocked and then decided she could make a good living in the "entertainment" world along with racing cars. She sells bunches of her souvenirs. By the way, she has turned down tons of offers. To clear things...I am not a big fan of Danica...but I also don't knock her for making a living. She does this stuff tongue in cheek. She really just wants to drive.

8. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

I've been reading up on Danica in the Nascar world and it seems like she repeatingly is out of sync with things. It seems like she is just not getting it. She doesn't understand a lot of details about how, when, where, etc, especially on the track. She does "OK" in most of the Nationwide races, but between Nationwide and Cup, there is a big difference. I believe that she will end up like most of the other females that have tried Cup, if she ever does attempt it.

Bill

9. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I would agree with that. I think she lacks the fine edge of racing. I wonder if SHE knows it and is making hay while the sunshines in the promotion end of the sport.:D

10. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think the jury's somewhat still out on actually how talented she is. So far, I haven't seen anything to indicate that she's no more than a middle-of-the-pack driver. Hasn't been able (most races) to show that she can run up front with the big boys. She has decent wheels under her, too, so that's not the issue. Haven't really seen her run in Nationwide.....

11. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    My observations of Danica: In the Indy cars she seems shy. She runs middle of the pack as you say, KK because...and this is MY assessment...I believe she is frightened of tangling and crashing. Her fear overides her desire to win. She is a safe driver but in car racing you have to be willing to take chances when they are offered to take the checkered. I have not seen her in NASCAR. My opinion.

12. Ampypants

Ampypants Beer Drinker

Uhh...:confused:

That is from Sports Illustrated btw

I never spoke of anyone's talents. All I know is she makes her sponsors a ton of money. So she is doing her job, she also is doing it against the best drivers in the world.

13. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    SEE! It's from that slutty Sports Illustrated!:rofl2:
    Yup...you are right, Amp...it's all about the money and with the media exposure her sponsors have capitalized well. As far as her skill...my opinion above is still my opinion having observed her in the Indy cars.

14. Ampypants

Ampypants Beer Drinker

Yeah I mean I dont call her a cream of the crop driver, but I mean what American is in Indy Cars?

Now Ashley Hood-Force is a top competitor in NHRA. So women can do it, but I mean she is very very attractive too.....so maybe that is why she is so good?;)

15. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    SSoooo...just wondering...shouldn't this picture be in the "Guess the year/model of this Beach wagon" thread...what kinda car is that...it has a Ford emblem on it?

Did anyone notice those LEG pipes :rofl2: