72 Coronet wagon in UT

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by J-MacsMopars, May 27, 2010.

1. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That's when your wife should have been there with a movie cam. She could have blackmailed you when your kids came home asking for a car! :biglaugh:

"Honey, should I get that old flick out when you got the incredible hulk?" :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

"Absolutely! They need to know that just because I look old, I'm a kid inside!" :rofl2:

Good for you to capture that moment. I always keep those with me. :thumbs2:

2. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

KK, that's so funny. I thought the same thing!

Great news your mopar long roof is now in it's new home, JM. Best of luck.

3. J-MacsMopars

J-MacsMopars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey all, It's picture time. :) I did a little work on it today and I will tell you that it is nice. I am very pleased with it. I drove it about six miles too, Oh so fun. :) Thanks for all the support everyone. Norman, I guess I should introduce myself a little better. :) I am a single 27 year old that loves old cars and have wanted a wagon for a long time, so as of now I don't have a wife to take video. It's nice and sucks at the same time. Hopefully when I get married, I will be able to bring my kids home in it. :) Anyway, now for the pics of my current baby.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. J-MacsMopars

J-MacsMopars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    My friends have all started calling it "Slimer". Not sure if I like the name, but it's starting to stick already. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. VTWAGONLOVER

VTWAGONLOVER Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    She looks good! I can't wait to see it with your rims and tires!!! I drove my Dad's '71 Coronet Wagon in High School, so I am especially liking this car. His was the same green w/ wood trim. :2_thumbs_up_-_anima

Lots of memories of the back seat...:evilsmile:

6. J-MacsMopars

J-MacsMopars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    More; I added my factory Mopar "TUFF wheel" today. I love it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. J-MacsMopars

J-MacsMopars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    442, I am adding all the 71 stuff. I like the look allot better. I think I will paint it Summits candy apple green with Mango and gold stripes with a tan interior someday in the distant future. lol

More pics;
    Some parts including a factory B-body wagon spoiler. Can anyone make a template for me?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At home. I really dislike the rally wheels. I can't wait to get some nice 15" slotts or something.
    [​IMG]

8. VTWAGONLOVER

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, I think you're right about 15" slots. Foxflyer40 is looking at having slots made (wider - custom offset) for his '72 Satellite Wagon - I think he is getting them from Stockton Wheel... I'll check and let you know.

I'm not one to pick on another's car usually, but that rearview mirror HAS to go!!!:disagree:

Otherwise, I like her a lot!!!

What are the rims I see in the back under the cardboard?

9. J-MacsMopars

J-MacsMopars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I have a factory sport mirror off of a Charger I have been parting out. That will soon make its way on there. :) Pretty crazy to part a Charger out for a wagon huh? lol Going to get the rally gauges too.

10. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Love that 'Tuff' steering wheel. At the age of 20 working at a restaurant, my boss let me borrow his '71 Plymouth GTX, with a 440 (and the Tuff wheel), to go on a date. Cool girl, but I remember the car more........

11. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Don't lead the poor guy astray...:evilsmile::biglaugh: With the wagon all done up, he'll have a wife with a video camera soon enough! :rofl:

12. VTWAGONLOVER

Wagon Garage:
    Doesn't sound crazy to me, but then again I'n nuts anyway...:dance: My Dad's wagon had the rally guages if I remember correctly. I think his was a "Crestwood" model. He hated the woodtrim, but wanted the highback seats, and had to order that package to get them. Otherwise, it would have been all green like yours...

13. foxflyer40

foxflyer40 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey congratulations, nice wagon! 442 has been keeping me updated, I haven't logged on for a bit. new house moving, stoopid job sucking up all my time, waa, waa, etc. Anyway. I am getting a quote for 15" police from Stockton wheel. 15x7 or 8 in front, for 235/60-15, and 15x9 rear for 275/60R15, I want correct backspacing to fill the wheel wells. I'll keep you posted.

Went to lunch with 442 today and he noticed that I have put 6k miles on the old girl since April 2 when I bought it. At least he didn't punch me. I dig this car.

Welcome!

14. J-MacsMopars

J-MacsMopars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks guys. The 'ol girl has a few issues here and there, but I just drove it 40 miles without a hitch. Needs shocks and a little other work and it will be good to go. I have also been speaking to the orig. owners son. He told me some fun stories about it. In 73-75, the car was in the Phillippines. He was a military man. So the cars been across the pond twice. :) Anyway. I really think I want to "rod" it. I have some great ideas and now I need to put them on paper and see how it looks. :)

15. J-MacsMopars

J-MacsMopars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Fox, I just looked at your car. What a beauty! I would love something that nice. I would drive the hell out of it too. I have already decided I will not be driving mine in the winter at all. Then again, if all goes well. This winter mine will be getting a 5.9 Magnum with EFI and a 4spd auto.