'63 Ford Falcon Futura wagon, Houston, Tx $8,000

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Krash Kadillak, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    NOTE: This is not my wagon. Contact seller listed in the ad info....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4663514194.html

1963 Falcon Station Wagon - $8000 (Georgetown )

Ad text:
    Selling one of my family members. 1963 Falcon station wagon. Not a lot of these around. It is an original V8, power steering, A/C car. Now has 302 V8, remanufactured by Ford, C4 transmission,Vintage Air and still has power steering. Upgraded to alternator, electronic ignition and 14 inch wheels. Has original Falcon style bucket seats and console as well as reproduction Rotunda tach. Has new carburetor, coil, new wires, plugs, cap and rotor. Has power back window that works.

This is also my movie star. Was one of the main cars in the HBO movie "Temple Gradin" which won Academy award for best picture and best actress, Claire Danes and best supporting actress Julia Ormond, both who rode or drove in the car. Copy link and see picture on HBO website.
    http://www.hbo.com/movies/temple-gr...n+iXmpjIXcjIysoGgdGJpSX5BTmKlbUlRaSoAUBcXOA==

No one in the family wants me to sell this wagon but I am looking for something that would be comfortable to travel in across country. It has other modifications that I made to look like a Futura but there were no Futura wagons in 1963. Fun car but needs some body work and a repaint. California car so frame and floor pans are rust free.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I made this post on Monday, based on a posting from a Station Wagon group on Facebook. I didn't pay much attention to it, other than noting it was in nice shape. I didn't even read the ad.

As it turns out, this 1963 Ford Falcon Futura 4-door station wagon is model that never existed.

- They had the 'base' Falcon wagon, in 2 and 4 door versions.
    - They had the 'Deluxe' wagon in 2 and 4 door versions.
    - They had the Falcon Squire in 4-door only, which had the wood paneling of course, and was fitted with 'Futura-level' trim on the inside.

The owner states in the ad text that he turned his (most likely) Deluxe wagon into a Futura.

Here's what a Deluxe wagon looks like:
    [​IMG]

The original Craig's List ad posting is gone now.