1960 Falcon Two Door Wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by RetroSpeed, May 9, 2017.

1. RetroSpeed

RetroSpeed Active Member

:huh: OrthmannJ, he must be one of the few Falcon owners that does not want the original center console installed as the prices for 1960-63 Falcon consoles command high prices given their desirability.

Even more expensive are the wagon specific center consoles which are extremely rare as few 1960-63 Falcon wagons had bucket seat interiors. Falcon wagon center consoles have ashtrays for the rear passengers that are not found on the sedan consoles. I would definitely replace the '65 Comet convertible console in my Falcon if I ever found the rare wagon console described.

On a related tangent, the Pick Your Part website has a 19631/2 Falcon at the Oceanside, CA yard with a V8, five lug suspension and bucket seat/center console interior. Oceanside is too far for me to travel to but I posted the location and these pictures on Ford websites so others building Falcons in SoCal can source parts.

Like the wagon I previous l posted, this Falcon looks fairly complete so I wonder why it ended up in a salvage yard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Wow! That poor 63 1/2! It looks pretty dang solid and is a V8 Futura hardtop.
    Crazy the things people send to the scrap yard these days.

Yeah, I don't know why he didn't want the center console. I liked it, but he didn't think it fit with what he wanted to do :huh:

3. RetroSpeed

RetroSpeed Active Member

A 1963 Falcon Futura gave up its dash chrome for my wagon. The fins on the Futura trim match the 1960 Mercury Comet instrument cluster perfectly. Freshly chromed pillar covers, ash tray and speaker cover add to the interior sparkle and contrast beautifully with the wagon's 60 year old patina.[​IMG]

This picture of my 1960 Falcon wagon was taken a few days before Mother Nature brought rain, hail and snow to SoCal.

[​IMG]

OrthmannJ and Doghead like this.
  4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Looks fantastic! Thanks for the update RetroSpeed. :thumbs2:

5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Yes, very nice! Long time, no see!