1970 Pontiac Le Mans

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Jun 26, 2022.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

They got the decimal point wrong on this one too. But with the inflation we are having this price will be right on in a few years.

3. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I mean it's got a manual transmission and allegedly a 400, but no pictures of either or evidence that it was factory or a bad butcher job done on the side of Cletus' barn. Way too much money for it, but it is a dealer and dealers are... dealers...

4. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

This is the dude from Altoona that had that real nice Royal Monaco wagon a few years back. If you go onto his website, there are more detailed pix of this car. It doesn't look butchered. If you can get the PHS documentation that it's real, this wagon may be closer to a GTO wagon than some of those psuedo-GTO wagon conversions we've seen. Without that, yeah it's probably about 10-15K over what it's really worth.

That's the problem, without the provenance, you just can't tell.....

5. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    While I agree that the interior looks correct and original, the underhood has been too modified and monkeyed with to have anything to do with originality. It also has no options outside of the 400 engine and the 4 speed shifter, someone added the power brakes after the fact and it doesn't even have power steering. The emissions sticker is available reproduction and looks like it's been added recently too.

I'm having a hard time believing it's a factory 400\4bbl-4spd but back then it was possible. If I was in the market I'd want PHS and any receipts for the work done.