http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3609883560.html - This just popped up on Craigslist. Pics are terrible but it's cheap and looks loaded. Love the hidden headlights. Being in Austin it's most likely rust-free. I'm not a Ford guy but this would make a neat resto or hot rod. You don't see them anymore. Only $599 OBO
Looks surprisingly good! For sure the parts alone are worth the asking price, so there is no real way to lose on this one! Hope someone saves the old girl!
Anyone here working on a '68 Squire? Great parts stockpile right there, if you can't get it going....
400 bucks for scrap? The scrap prices aren't too good down there. There is no such thing as a rust-free Ford, the things have factory installed rust. Those wagons didn't last five years before the frames started rusting out in humid climates, two years after driving on salted roads. I thought that bungee cord may have been there to keep the car from bending in half from a rusted out frame but I see it's for the tarp so maybe it's okay.
That is a pretty decent car to save and looks to be somewhat solid too. That is close to Scrap price here for the weight of that car complete. That's scary. I hope High Treason Western Metals, (aka, Commie red china) dosen't end up with it? That would be a sweet ride for someone. Woodgrain, tilt lights, Wow!!!!
yeah, someone offered $400 for scrap so they can go get 600-700 for it themselves after spending a bit of gas money...and you know they won't bother pulling any parts either It may be in my price range but it would take a couple grand and/or a lot of time and labor to get it back to daily driver condition. Not to mention the distance to haul it and I'm pretty sure it's too big to fit the U-Haul transporter.