Maybe it's me, but something doesn't look right in the pic. He's got oversized tires on it, but there seems to be something else funny about the way the rear tire sits in the wheel opening. Suppose it could just be the way it's sitting on the gravel. Need more pics on this one.
Good eye KK, looking at it the rear tire amost looks crooked and slightly forward? Like a bent leaf spring or shackle...?
When I first got my wagon it was tracking funny, the thing kinda drove down the road crooked, like you could see the whole drivers side when it was rolling down the road...long story short, at some point someone hit something hard enough to unwrap the leaf spring from the mount bushing. Took a LOT of careful measuring and poking to figure it out. Replaced both springs with a set from a 1/2 ton Dodge D100 pickup.
You fellows could be right, but that whole rear end looks 'fisheye' in the photograph... might just be my old eyes but maybe in the process of manipulating the digital photo, something went wrong.
Dewey: These box wagons had trailing arms and coil springs. It could be a bent trailing arm, or it could be a bent frame, but something is sure off with the back axle. Need to see the other side, and see how that wheel sits.
More pics would certainly help. Still, this Chevy looks solid, is a good color, and the price is right.
Mike it's pretty obvious I'm not a Chevy man, Ha! I knew the older trucks were rear coils and trailing arms but wasn't sure about the wagons. My wagon has rear leafs and one was bent pretty good. The tire on the drivers side was farther back then the passengers side for a long time I was puzzled until I got it up on a lift and saw the front bushing wrap was open on top where it wasn't easy to see...what a joke...I monkeyed with it for months, replacing shackles, bushings and bolts..etc.