429 V8. Still owned after 44 years by the original MD owner. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Coun...3851015?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4174498b07
69 LTD Country Squire Not bad, just not good either. Where's the woodgrain? Yep, someone painted the fiberglass trim too. Cracked steering wheel. Looks like a re-paint job. Nice chrome. 429 2-V with AC, but few other obvious options. 3rd row seats (probably not). Faded windshield shadeband, plenty of miles. Need better pictures and more information. Maybe a $3500 car. I like the caption in the add: "this may be the cleanest 429 Country Squire LTD in existence"....err not likely. Phil
The uncracked black dash pad is the most amazing part of this wagon. I don't think this wagon is all that outstanding otherwise. Surprising that the steering wheel would crack, but the dash is still good. David
The dash I meant to comment on the dash not being cracked. Wish mine was like that. It will be eventually. Same for my steering wheel. I sent a comment to the seller for more info on the wagon. Let's see what they have to say.
This looks to be a very carefully maintained driver of a car. Bought new, and used as a car for all of its life, now it needs to go to someone who will continue the use and care regime. This is not a show car, that's for sure. This is no trailer queen. This is the definition of a cruising queen! Let's hope the new owner is someone who will appreciate what they have and continue to use this car as it was meant to be used. I would bet that if the maintenance is kept up there are a LOT of good miles left in this old girl before she needs anything major to keep her going.
I found heads for alot less than $100 each: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...ad&vehicleIdSearch=470509&searchedFrom=header
Load of crap or not, it would be a fun ride. I don't mind the lack of woodgrain at all, even prefer Country Sedans for that reason. mike
69 Squire That's not really the owners in the picture! It's my Grand-parents. They rent themselves out for photo shoots. hee hee (just kiddin') I just can't figure-out why a seller puts pictures of themselves or their Hot Girlfriend in a Car ad. I'm not buying the people. I Only want to see the car in pictures. Arrrr............
Alright, the owner has responded. Here's the info on the car from the door tag. 429-2bbl, AC, 6 passenger (no rear seats). 2.75:1 axle ratio, standard axle, C6 automatic. Assembled in Atlanta, in September, 1969. DSO was Memphis. AM radio. Exterior and interior color is pretty much what you see, dark ivy. Very few options (yes, the AM radio and roof rack are options). To restore will cost you $800 for woodgrain, $900 for fiberglass trim and trim inserts and another few thousand for seals, bearings, and other age related wear. ...the dash pad is nice along with the door trim and handles. As is the carpet. I'll still say $3000-$4000 car, tops. Less if the rocker panels or underbelly has trouble. You may want to replace the windshield due to UV fade of the shade band but it is OK as is. Phil