Selling my LARGEST Longroof

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by 81X11, Feb 1, 2017.

1. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    OK...OK....I know...off topic, but I'm selling our 2003 Suburban that I bought for my wife's birthday back in 2006. Well it kinda hurts to do it but after over ten years, it's time for our good old Burb to find a new home. I'm glad to answer any questions but the pics in the link tell the story pretty well. You folks up north will especially get a kick out of the underside pics I have in the ad.

It's a really nice old Burb that's been in Texas all its life. Clean and runs and drives great.

It's funny, I bought that white Denali to replace this, and couldn't bare the sell it then, so gave it to my Mom to haul grandkids around. Well we ended up selling the Denali and keeping the Burb! We're only selling it now because my Mom just inherited my Grandmother's 5000-mile Toyota Avalon (Nana is 94 and has stopped driving), so the Burb is an extra vehicle now....and I just can't keep it. Sadly. Pass it around!

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5981186456.html

[​IMG]

-Texas Mike

2. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    You better keep the burb and sell that Avalon!!! I was explaining to a gentleman one time why his repair bill was so high. I told him with Toyota the labor is usually longer than most, because, I feel, they are over engineered, like using eight bolts where four would do the job and so on. Also, I said Toyota parts are generally higher and it being a high end Toyota it's almost like paying for a Lexus, explaining to him toyota and Lexus are manufactured by the same folks. He says "but it's not a Lexus!" I say "no it's a nice Toyota"
    He says "no, sounds like it's a crappy Lexus!!!":slap::rofl2:

3. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I personally like the Suburban better, but the Avalon was a splurge my grandmother made for her 92nd birthday. It's a 2015 model Avalon with only 5000 miles on it. In other words, it's still a new car, still under warranty, and my Mom is THRILLED with it. The Burb has 193,000 miles on it. It's still in beautiful condition for the age, but it's not new.

-Mike

4. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah with 5000 miles I'd take dang near anything. Avalon s are a nice luxury vehicle. Especially for a little ol lady. I'm trying to work a trade: my brothers AMC hornet wagon for a 04 Tahoe. The hornet has only 15,ooo miles on it, but I do like a Tahoe. And parts for it come cheap all day long as opposed to the hornet where the fella at the parts store has to have the make and model repeated a couple of times before he tells me he ain't got it

5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    The Avalon makes more sense to me also. Apparently the Suburban was sold or Mike backed out and buried it in the garage again.

As for the AMC Hornet just tell the teen aged girl at the counter what color it is, how many doors, and if it has GPS. The computer will do the rest.

6. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Says on FB he sold it yesterday.

7. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hi All. Sorry for not updating. The first person that came to look at it, bought it. I need to learn to ask more for my vehicles when I sell them. Now, to pay some bills! Ha!

Take Care!

-Mike

ModelT1 likes this.
  8. Glide-Aways

Glide-Aways Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Congrats on the sale Mike.

Matt

9. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    Most every time I do a deal I think I screw it up somehow. It looked like a great car reasonably priced. Of course it sold fast!:dance:

10. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    So my car friends will like this story. The first person to look at our Suburban came back and bought it the same day, for what I wanted. Can't blame him, truck is beautiful. BUT I got a call soon after, and the buyer was on the side of the road. He was about 10 miles from home and the Burb conked out pulling away from a light on Hwy 79. He'd coasted into a gas station and was...not happy.

I was flabbergasted, I'd just driven the truck all week, totally gone over it, did brakes and oil, and detailed it to the hilt. It ran and drove perfectly. Turns out the fuel pump went out.... It was the original 193k mile pump, and it decided to fail 45-mins after I sold the thing. Can you believe it???

Happily the seller was pretty cool about it...but I felt like Rudy from the movie Used Cars....."trust me.." We got the Burb to Truoug and he did the pump yesterday. Buyer and I split the repair. I'd sold it with an as-is Bill of sale, but I felt like a total jerk... I've NEVER sold any vehicle and had it die on the way home! Buyer called me back last night to thank me. Truck made it home fine...this time, and they love it. He has SIX kids and his wife thinks it's just beautiful. I'm just glad that's over.. Never a dull moment in life.... Is it the weekend yet???

Grizz and ModelT1 like this.
  11. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
  12. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Hahaha, I know that car well. He's a member of the X-car group and has had it a long time. It's pretty nice, but if I ever get another one I want an 83-84 notchback...the Holy Grail of these. ;)

ModelT1 likes this.
  13. azblackhemi

azblackhemi Well-Known Member

Just West of Phoenix Arizona. In the Desert.
  14. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I just put a new fuel pump on it because it was setting car runs but needs a fuel filter but does start run and drive asking please call Art for more details:tsk:
    Art, always replace the filter when replacing the pump!:naughty:
    Asking detail--------- > Why does it need a new fuel filter.:huh: