Need Help Identifying Dad's Wagon

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by ThirdSeatKid, Jan 14, 2019.

1. ThirdSeatKid

ThirdSeatKid New Member

Hi, Everyone. I was wondering if someone could help me identify the wagon in this photo.

The back story is, this was my dad's wagon. He bought it new from the factory and a year or so later was involved in a major wreck. A drive behind him had a heart attack, slumped over the wheel, put the pedal to the floor, and plowed into the back of my dad's wagon that you see here. The collision caused my dad's wagon to go sideways into a utility pole. My dad survived the crash, but ended up in the passenger foot well. The steering wheel of the guy that rear-ended him flew off and landed in the back of dad's wagon!

I've had difficulty trying to figure out what year, make, and model this wagon is. My dad always drove Pontiacs, but this looks more like a base-model Buick wagon to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Bill IMG_5246.jpg

2. Belvedere

Belvedere Member

Looks like a 1957 Ford Country Sedan Wagon to me...
    [​IMG]

3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard Bill. Belvedere beat me to the punch. But I will conquer. It is definitely a 57 Ford. Looks like it was a nice car before the accident.
    I'm curious, what is your motivation behind figuring out what the car is?

4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome 3rd seat. Ditto to what my esteemed wagon master brothers have said. It is indeed a ‘57 Country Sedan... I’ll even top Orthmann. I think those colors are Colonial white, over Cumberland green. I think. Interesting damage done to it. Looks like the right side caught the brunt of the hit then it got thrown over something, or somebody rear ended the driver rear quarter that caused that rear end damage. Interesting photo. To Orthmann’s question do you know what happened to it?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Here's a shot of one from the opposite corner.....

[​IMG]

6. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I’m confused. Is that the same car? Was it fixed? That photo looks older than the full car sitting in the lot. That parking lot picture has a lot of newer cars/trucks in the background. Never mind reread your post. That’s the same type of car. Get it now.