Help get my wagon running

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by littlealgie7, Aug 4, 2018.

1. littlealgie7

littlealgie7 Run out of money to keep everybody happy.

Wagon Garage:
    I have a 1990 Buick Estate wagon. Got totaled in March. I need some help getting her back together. I stripped off all the bent & reparable parts. Found radiator busted as well as shroud. Leaking water pump etc. I am unable to find parts like Fenders, Hood, marker on upper fenders for turn signal, lights etc. A way to get everything. I have the parts for motor but like a dumby? I have 5 brackets for A/C, AIR pump, Power steering & alternator. I got all but 1 back in place. Have no idea were it fits. Pictures of under hood as to how all are supposed to look. Also since Wagon has not moved since March. The hot sun cooked the headliner. The felt fell off the plastic it was attached to. I guess I am getting old? I figures I have it back together in a month or 2? 5 months & still undriveable. OSP wants all totaled cars to pass a inspection to be re licensed.

Attached Files:

2. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    You got a picture of that bracket? I’d be willing to bet someone on here knows exactly where it goes. Sounds like fun! As far as finding parts I’d say the junk yard is your best bet or many get a reminder email set every time someone posts a car for sale, maybe you could find a parts car? Hey man don’t be agrivated! The work you’ve done so far looks good! Keep pushing forward!

3. littlealgie7

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the reply Grizz. After I cut the grass I sat & looked at the brackets. No way it was from the top of engine. So laying on my back, It is nice to see when working on cars. I sweat so much that I can't see. I held the bracket up to power steering pump by the Knock sensor was a threaded hole in block. Found it!! But I had to remove the Power steering pump & remove all the extra nuts I thought belonged there. 3 hours later. Midnight nice & cool 74 degrees had all the brackets on & only have one extra bolt. Belts & a Oil change. The dip stick is showing over full & dirty? Next to rerun all vacuum lines & wiring. The thing that aggravates me more than 2 weeks of R & R. What is the problem with body shops? I can not find a one to repaint my Buick. Were does other wagon owners & custom Hot Rods get painted? I am going ahead with my spray cans & wrap of Red Metalflake. I had a car, 1966 Dodge Monaco that I did a 2 tone with. White base & Red sides. I saw the paint scheme on a Ford product? Lincoln or Thunderbird. My Buick wagon is next.

Attached Files:

4. joe_padavano

joe_padavano Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I believe Olds Custom Cruiser fenders are the same. I have three for sale. Where are you located? As for the brackets, what motor?

5. littlealgie7

Wagon Garage:
    Fenders? My 90 Buick has very different fenders from Chevrolet, Olds & Cadillac. I have a fender but it has holes in it for wood grain. The Chevrolet fenders will fit if I buy a Grill & Hood for a Chevrolet. I was going to make the Chevrolet fenders work? I have both Front fenders for a Chevrolet and bumper filler. Those fenders were damaged in shipment thanks to Fedex. I found one in California. $500. I did get the radiator support for a Caprice to fit in place of bent one. Hood I thought was good? NOT. When I got fenders on. The hood is "V" shaped. I jumped up & down on it to get it to line up with latch & fenders. Hood is not rusted. All the paint is flaking off? Bracket I could not find a proper place for was another Power Steering holder. It bolts to back of pump. But is a pain in the block to get installed. Have to line up 3 holes at one time to fit the bolts & holes.

6. joe_padavano

joe_padavano Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm pretty sure the Olds and Buick fenders are the same. Trim holes will be different, but those can be welded and drilled as needed. Chevy and Pontiac are the same, but are different from the Olds/Buick version.

7. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Ask around at car shows for shops that do this type of paint and body work. Most shops only want to deal with insurance claims on late model vehicles in my experience.

8. littlealgie7

Wagon Garage:
    When I get out of traction? I herniated several discs last week trying to get the Buick running. I give up. Took all the new parts off & re installed the old parts. Still won't run right. Shifting transmission goes through 3 gears just getting going. If I manually shift the automatic transmission. Runs great. Check engine light still on showing too rich at O2 sensor. Maybe have Tireman take a look. Right now? If it wasn't for the like new upholstery? I would just junk it. Too much mental & physical pain for me to continue. $4000.00 down the drain.