91 Olds - $1,400 - Northeast Ohio, near PA Border

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by 101Volts, Apr 12, 2019.

1. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    https://youngstown.craigslist.org/cto/d/cortland-1991-oldsmobile-custom-cruiser/6855625844.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"
    1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

condition: fair
    cylinders: 8 cylinders
    drive: rwd
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 160443
    paint color: blue
    size: full-size
    title status: clean
    transmission: automatic
    type: wagon

I am the third owner. I bought it in 2010 with 94K miles. It has been the most dependable car I owned during that time. I bought an electric car and it is time for this one to go. It seems to be running rough since last fall but still gets me around. I used it to tow the electric car home from Toledo in January and haven't driven it much since.

It doesn't have much rust as winter driving has been limited. The first owner was from Maryland. I lived 2 miles from work for the first three years I owned it, didn't drive it in winter for at least two years since then. I always had at least one other vehicle the entire time.

Other quirks and issues:

Rear window regulators need new nylon bushings. I have them but they are a pain to replace. Already replaced the ones for the front windows.
    Dent in driver door. See photo
    Left fender doesn't match. See photo.
    Trim piece missing from right rear corner.
    Finish/trim on front bumper cover doesn't look nice.
    Fan speed regulator for electronic climate control stopped working. I bypassed it with a resistor pack for the three speed fan and a toggle switch. I have it wired for off/low/medium, but it could be changed to swap low or medium for high. I have to switch it off when parking because power to the switch is always on.
    The on-board compressor for the air shocks stopped working a few years ago.
    The check engine light comes on intermittently.
    Antilock system no longer works.
    Tachometer no longer works properly.

Recently replaced:

Starter at 160K
    4 snow tires and alignment at 154K
    Rear air shocks in the last few years, air has to be added/removed manually.
    Other suspension work (ball joints, swaybar links, etc.) in the last few years.

I found notes from when the tires were mounted that it may need the center steering link replaced and the left rear axle seal needs replaced. Those haven't been done."