My new 1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by halloweennight96, Aug 21, 2016.

  1. halloweennight96

    halloweennight96 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2010
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Louisville KY
    Just drove it 150 miles home today, and turned over 84,000 original miles while doing so. I'm the 3rd owner. It's a total dirty mess from just sitting in front of the guys house for who knows how long, but stopped by the in laws and snapped a pic anyway. I am in search of an original grill if you know of any out there. 20160821_162705.jpg
     
    Grizz and 101Volts like this.
  2. BlueVista

    BlueVista Well-Known Member Charter Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2006
    Messages:
    1,900
    Likes Received:
    141
    Trophy Points:
    170
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio
    Congratulations!
    You have exquisite taste, that has to be one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.:D
    I'll be watching out for grills in my travels.
     
  3. halloweennight96

    halloweennight96 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2010
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Louisville KY
    Thank you! I am pretty happy. I'll update everyone as I go. ;)
     
  4. Glide-Aways

    Glide-Aways Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    82
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    San Diego
    Congrats on your new purchase! What a neat road trip, driving home your new wagon! Nice choice. :)
     
    101Volts likes this.
  5. OrthmannJ

    OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2009
    Messages:
    17,065
    Likes Received:
    4,918
    Trophy Points:
    848
    Location:
    Yakima Washington
    Congrats. It looks like a solid car. Enjoy it.
     
    101Volts likes this.
  6. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,061
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    Welcome to the forum!
    Are you the one I told about Car-part.com (re: the grill) last night on Facebook?

    Marshall
     
    101Volts likes this.
  7. halloweennight96

    halloweennight96 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2010
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Louisville KY
    Yep, that's me! Thanks guys, been around for many years, just lost my way. I'm back now. Here are a few I've owned that you may recognize from over the years.
    FB_IMG_1448631797447.jpg FB_IMG_1454286048924.jpg 20150906_190153.jpg FB_IMG_1448632103212.jpg FB_IMG_1448631776145.jpg FB_IMG_1448631727267.jpg
     
    Grizz, fannie and 101Volts like this.
  8. halloweennight96

    halloweennight96 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2010
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Louisville KY
    I can't wait to get started on my occ. I've always wanted one, and finally got a hold of it.
     
    101Volts likes this.
  9. halloweennight96

    halloweennight96 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2010
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Louisville KY
    Simple vacuum over the carpet. Still a lot of cleaning to do, but overall a really nice interior for almost 25 years old. 20160822_200334.jpg 20160822_200309.jpg 20160822_200138.jpg
     
    101Volts likes this.
  10. BlueVista

    BlueVista Well-Known Member Charter Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2006
    Messages:
    1,900
    Likes Received:
    141
    Trophy Points:
    170
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio
    The Wagon King, I am not worthy.:D
    Interior looks real good, must have not been used by a house painter or a family with a bunch of kids and a dog.
    I've never seen a '92 with a cloth third seat? Even with the cloth interior they put in a vinyl rear seat. I thought that was a '91 only deal, but I've been known to be wrong before.:rolleyes:
    So what are your future plans? I have feeling it is not going to stay stock going by your other cars, all very nice by the way.:cool:
    Mine is bone stock except for power rear vent windows, pinstripes (a factory option), Roadmaster courtesy lights in the rear doors (they were plug and play, wires and the connector are already there), and the optional CD player with an upgraded CD unit and an auxiliary input .
    That's major customizing for me.:D
     
    Glide-Aways likes this.
  11. Silvertwinkiehobo

    Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2014
    Messages:
    14,984
    Likes Received:
    2,995
    Trophy Points:
    720
    Location:
    New Braunfels, TX
    Wow. Lucky you. That blue shade is the interior color I like, such as what my Ranchero has. It does kind of look like the rear got a bit used, such as a small family with teens. But I can see that cleaning right up. Didja fish around underneath the seats for prizes?
     
  12. halloweennight96

    halloweennight96 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2010
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Louisville KY
    Gave it a bath today. Looks MUCH better, but going to hit it with clay bar, ultimate compound and wax it soon. The previous owner blasted off a little paint on the tailgate with a pressure washer (dude had no idea what he was doing) so I touched that up as well. I really have no idea what direction I am going with this car yet, but I love it. First I am going to dig around more and take care of everything it needs, then go from there. I haven't dug around the seats yet either, that's always interesting. 20160823_162138.jpg
     
    Glide-Aways likes this.
  13. Silvertwinkiehobo

    Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2014
    Messages:
    14,984
    Likes Received:
    2,995
    Trophy Points:
    720
    Location:
    New Braunfels, TX
    Tell me about it. Best surprise--$340 roll. Worst--someone dumped a full bottle of detergent on the driver's back seat floor. That was a job to clean; thank God for steam cleaners!
     
  14. halloweennight96

    halloweennight96 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2010
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Louisville KY
    Anybody know if these will work? I love to be different. 18x9 camaro wheels. I'm sure I would need adapters, just not sure if a 9" will fit under there with adapters? Anyone good with backspacing?
    20160826_081354.png 20160826_081341.png 20160826_081319.png
     
  15. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,061
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    I don't think those are 5x5"'s, but adapters will take care of that. as for room for 9" wide wheels...... I've seen some pretty large rolling stock under these. You may want to check with the experts over on the GM Longroof forum......
     
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016

Share This Page