yup....anudder :)

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by the Rev, Apr 6, 2012.

1. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    ok....ive started this about 6 times...apparently i take too long to type ...and before i know it...its past my beauty sleep....not that i need it ;)

pull up a chair...:rofl:

so....a few months ago....a pal of mine calls me and says..."did ya see this on Cracklist?"

....(ya...cuz i needed another:rofl: )

ew k...so i call the guy...turns out i know him sorta...the cars about a 4-5 hour drive away....but i dont care...IT NEEDS ME...:oops:

so we strike the deal...but it gonna have to sit till the Spring Thaw....he's waaay up north thru the mountains from me.....and until 1 week ago still had snow!!!!

anyhoo...3 months later..(i had almost forgot)...He calls me and says "its gotta be out by April 1st..:49:
    so last Saturday...me and my pal Ben...jumped in his Truck with trailer and headed out....weather be darned!!!!:rofl:

welll....2 hours into the trip...in the mountains....crap!!

Attached Files:

2. the Rev

Wagon Garage:
    then more crap !!

Attached Files:

3. the Rev

Wagon Garage:
    so anyhoo....about a hundred miles of that with a trailer!!!!

:banghead3:

then we got into some decent weather and carried on....5 hours worth for what shoulda been a 4 hour drive thru our luvly mountains:biglaugh:

we got to the place where the car was and it was nice out...so we hooked evereything up and yanked her on the trailer...in about 5 minutes!!.....then he says..."the bulldozer is gonna be here in 2 days....if theres anything you want...Get It!!"

wellll....there was a late 50's aluminum 28 foot travel trailer that i needed to pilfer :)....and about 3 fallen over buildings full of cool crap....so 3 Bicycles...2 kitchen chairs...2 grills...and a bevy of other crap later:biglaugh:...we were back on the road coming home

the weather was good...the snow was gone !!...and we made it home in record time !!

theres lots more to the story...but i hate typing...LMAO

so without further doodoo...let me introduce you to the next car that I'll never finish..:biglaugh:

she sat in a Wrecking Yard for 20 years!!!!
    then this fella saved her from the crusher...(YAY) for him....then decided he had too many projects !...(YAY) for me

my 1963 Mercury Meteor Country Cruiser....Ive got a hood...and bumper...but she needs a grill !!
    (dont be too harsh....she's rare)

she hardly has any rust and is almost complete....sans motor,tranny,steering column and linkage and front seat...
    ....well ...complete enuff for me:biglaugh:....this is what she looked like in her original splendor!!

Attached Files:

4. the Rev

Wagon Garage:
    and here she is waiting for me:yahoo:

[​IMG]

5. the Rev

Wagon Garage:
  6. the Rev

Wagon Garage:
    its a good thing i was on a schedule...and the truck was full..:D..there was also a 77 Granada....with disc brakes and a good 8"....that hurt to leave that!!

and about 5 vintage fridges...and a butt load of stuff in the trailer that i wanted..........I have a problem...:evilsmile:

7. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I like the wagon. I don't think I've seen one up close and personal in this version.

Road trips have a mind of there own it seems. At least most of the trip was on decent roads. Takes some of the stress out of the equation.

Is this a car you intend to spend some time fairly quickly putting on the road or a "future project"? That list must be getting pretty long. Time to retire so you can work you butt off on all those great pieces of automotive history you have tucked away.

Congrats on the new addition to the museum, Rev. You do realize that you could almost apply for a licence, have it as a restoration museum and as found units, then write off some of the expenses of restoring them. Let a few car clubs come around from time to time for a tiny fee to make it legit as a working museum, you'd get some write-offs (no, not cars, you know what I mean but then again who knows what people might point you to), and have some fun doing it.

Just sayin..............

8. the Rev

Wagon Garage:
    Barry my friend.....that would make too much sense....so lets not speak of it again............................:rofl2:

but ya....it needed me..
    ..ive never seen one ....so therefore...i needed it..;)

as for when it wil get done???....dunno....depends on when i win the Lottery...:rofl2:

not to mention the trailers...:rofl2:

remember the 'TTOT'...thats (torrid tale of trailers)...;)

well...I still have to find time to rebuild the 57....and maybe make the 74 habitable again...at least the Streak is ready to rock....i just have to get a hitch on the 66 Squire and Im rollin behind you...or maybe you want me in front.....drum brakes and all...:banana:

9. the Rev

Wagon Garage:
    ....isnt it past our bedtime??:D

nite jonboy;)

10. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Gald you got it Rev, I remember hwen you first posted about it.:)

11. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Glad to see another one saved. Body looks pretty solid too.

12. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

That looks grate Rev! Now your challenge is to get it into the same condition as Ryan's (Oak) 64 Comet 404! :yahoo:

13. Walruslip

Walruslip New Member

Wagon Garage:
    When I die, I want to be reicarnated into the Rev. You find the best cars, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. 90merc

90merc Well-Known Member

Rev, that sure is a rare one. Same roofline as the sister Fairlane, but I don't think I ever saw one in person growing up in the '60s, whereas friends owned a white '63 Fairlane wagon with the red accent trim. Good luck with it.

15. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I can see why you felt it needed you. It's like going to the dog pound, those sad, big eyes(even the droopy one) staring at you...well you really can't just leave it there can you?

[​IMG]

Congrats Rev you sound like a kid again. :p