YouTube car commercials

Discussion in 'Station Wagons in the Movies and other Media' started by Jim 68cuda, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

2. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  3. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

Two of the interesting station wagon commercials on there that I hadn't seen before, are the 69 Olds Vista Cruiser commercial, and the 67 AMC Rebel wagon that Noah used during the building of the ark (seems that part was left out of my New International Version translation of the Bible).
    Theres also a multi part series safety film with a 69 Plymouth Sport Suburban wagon doing the talking ("meet the Talking car").
    Most of the others I had seen before, but some are especially interesting. The 63 Fairlane Squire commercial is a nice one. The Studebaker Wagonaire commercials would make today's parents cringe. But in 63, if you were a kid and Mom and Dad had a Wagonaire, what could be more fun than having the sliding roof open and driving down the highway with all the kids standing up in the back.
    Vista Cruisers are well represented ( 64, 66, 67 & 69), as are AMC wagons and Studebaker wagons, but you kind of need to look at ads for many of the other manufacturers (Ford, Chevy, Plymouth) to see if the wagons appear along with the convertibles and hardtops in their commercials.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009