what else you got??? :)

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by the Rev, Oct 18, 2009.

1. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    Over the years Ive had a few members ask me about my 'non wagon' cars...cuz my interests are all over the place...Im just a AutoDork !!:D

and it got me to thunkin:D

And ya...I know...FordFellow and I could probably have our own board:rofl:
    But I'll keep it to just the ones I care about..and still own !.(y)

Although we all post pics of our 'non's
    weve never done a thread about them...so...

WHAT YA GOT?...how long you had it?...and why???

and here ya go...this is my 77 Merc Grand Marquis(13 years) and my 79 Tbird(2nd time ive owned it...3years and 4 years) ...yes...Im in my 50's but i fell in love with lowriders back in the 80's and never gave them up:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and my 59 International Ambulance...its an original amby...was owned by a dragstrip since 67 or so..always said Id buy it !!....been mine for 9 or so
    [​IMG]

my Rambler vert...my grandfather left to me:oops:..had her about 18 years
    [​IMG]

and for the life of me..i cant find the pics of my 57Anglia and 59Thames...both over 30 years...(Anglias still not finished):rofl:

theres a start(y)

2. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    :rednose:
    oh...and my 76 LTD...always wanted one...got it from the original owners..
    ...had it about 10 years...hardly ever drive it...dont know why i keep it..:confused:
    [​IMG]

3. Phantom SS

Phantom SS New Member

Wagon Garage:
    heres my garage queen. 86 monte carlo 406ci th350 3.73
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    at quaker steak lube show
    [​IMG]
    lil engine pic
    [​IMG]

4. Steve-E-D

Steve-E-D Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    1974 Toyota Corona Mark II - MX13

[​IMG]

Back in 1999, one of my neighbors was ready to abandon the car after giving up on trying to repair the transmission. I had always thought it was a cool looking car. She handed me the title and said "If you like it, get it out of my yard." I pushed it down the street and into my driveway, where it sat until the engine in my wagon died in 2006. I figured I'd fix it up to drive so I could take my time and build the wagon the way I wanted it to be.
    Despite the serious lack of leg room, I really like the way it drives. Its like a little rally car.
    After posting pics on a Toyota site, I came to find that it was considered a very rare model in the USA. My many frustrations in locating parts confirms this. LoL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I opened the hood, I expected a little 4 banger, but instead, it has a 2.6 L straight 6 4M.

[​IMG]

The 12" racing wheel was required to give my legs enough room to move while driving.

5. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    Rev, love the LTD and Grand Marq!

Phantom, I had me a SS myself, mine had a 355 and was 94 Pontiac Teal with a 2 1/2 inch cowl hood, love yours!

Steve that little Yota is beautiful!

This is my 98 Monte that I have had for way too long, 7 years now I believe.
    It has the rare 60/40 bench and column shift and 17 inch wheels.
    [​IMG]

This is my 74 Celica that I bought when to drive when we are over in the Philippines. It is in storage and my brother inlaw takes it out once in awhile to keep her going. I gave $127 for it as you see it. It has a 89 22R-E motor and 5 speed in it and this lil sucker will rip! It is spotless inside and out. You can find all sorts of cool vintage Japan cars over there dirt cheap!
    [​IMG]

6. Steve-E-D

Steve-E-D Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks. It really opened my eyes to a few cool vintage Jap cars, like that Celeca of yours.
    BTW, if you ever come across a DS tail light for my MKII while you are over there....

[​IMG]

Yes, that is duct tape and gate marker reflectors, and a yellow spray can lid for a turn signal.
    LMAO!!! but it works.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  7. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Love these Show 'N Tell threads! That should really confuse any carmakers that lurk here. Any brand as long as it stands scrutiny. :evilsmile:

8. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    Will do on the tail light and Oh My Ghetto!

9. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Rev, That Intersmashable Ambulance is awesome:bowdown:!

Nothing Fancy in our humble fleet,
    My wagon,
    65 GMC 910 Truck
    85 GMC Cargo Van
    67 Cougar...cars in barns story:slap:
    85 V6 Mustang rag top
    only junker is my 8? Cutllas Calais parts car for wagon.
    My Wifes cars,
    82 Celica GTS Coupe
    82 Celica hatch back
    82 Celica GTS Coupe, all 5spd, all turn key, zoom, zoom
    99 GMC Saffari Mini van

10. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    behold the "shipwreck!" ive had her for 2 months...shortly after the toyota debacle.
    paid $500 for the car (saved it from demolition derby duty)
    and since have put
    new water pump $50
    used msd opti $85
    4 tires @$61 each
    new rotors and pads $198 inc labor
    new rear brake line,exhaust repair, tire and state inspection $325
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i think i spent more than its worth

jen has a focus...dont have any pictures of it...

11. marcar1993

marcar1993 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Where to start...

I've got my 87 cutlass I bought when I was 13. My dad convinced me not to hotrod the wagon in short order when I was pretty young so I decided I'd need another project... This was it. $500 bought me a bashed, beaten, kinda running car. About $2000 more and nearly 3 years and it's a decent car.

[​IMG]

Then there is the every day car, with the $100, 3 day, 2 tone job on the top half to remedy the common issue of peeling paint.

[​IMG]

Then we've got dad's cars...
    The 1960 Plymouth Savoy... My wagon took it's garage from it... We've had this one since brand new too. but this one has had a restoration. Granted it took 15 years, ending in 1989.

[​IMG]

Here is the 1976 Trans Am that my dad bought in 81, when he relized he couldn't drive the plymouth everyday and restore it. By 1991, it was in shambles to put it nicely. It had a COMPLETE restoration in 91. It was a mess and a half.

[​IMG]

Then there's dad's everday car, mom's old 1982 Ford Fairmont Futura Coupe. He got this car from my mom when he restored the t/a. It is now in horrific shape. From the trim down is bondo. Note the rustoleum 2 tone job over the bondo. It is going to be a fun job, but whenever my dad gets a new car this'll be another one of my projects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then there's my 97 lincoln that was my friends car that is for sale... Need the room.
    And my mom's 95 LeSabre and My aunt's 03 Century.

I need more cars...

12. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    I think you all know my Buick by now. Bought it from my best friend, 90,000 original miles. I put new brake lines and a new battery in. That's all it's needed. Great old boat. Wish I had a use for her.

[​IMG]

13. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
  14. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    That Caprice has been on there for dang near 2 months, posted over and over and he will not come down on his price. I tried to contact him 4 times and he will not return any of my emails. I guess he doesn't really want to sell it as bad as his 2 dozen reposts says he does.

15. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Here's a part of the collection/fleet:

1966 Dodge Coronet 500 and 1937 Terraplane Model 71 Brougham

I've owned the Coronet since 1980, and am the second owner. It has a 361 auto with 3.23 gears. Factory tach, woodgrain wheel, Magnum 500s, and lots more.

The Terraplane is a car that I got as a painted, rolling shell. I've had the car since May of '04. It has the original 212 flathead Six and 3-spd with OD. What a great car - a far better running and driving car than ANY Ford or Chevy of the era!

[​IMG]

1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Salon

This is the wife's car. 440 4-bbl, auto, and with nearly every NYB option, PLUS the Salon package, which added nearly 25% to the price of an already-loaded New Yorker Brougham. One of a handful known to still exist, is it figured that less than five percent of total production iin 1978 were Salons. This was a one-year-only option, BTW! Owned since Feb 2005. It is nearly identical to her late father's '77 NYB, so that is one reason I bought it for her. Yes, the hideous front hood air dam is lonnng gone!

[​IMG]

1956 Plymouth two-door wagon

My project. A fairly rare two-door '56 wagon! It's getting a '69 Dodge 440 and automatic, and already has a '66 8-3/4" rear axle on 3" drop blocks. The front has already benn subbed, and will get 2" drop spindles. Color combo has yet to be decided - right now, it is in green epozy primer/sealer and white primer/sealer. The interior is stripped out right now. In the avatar pic, I've got 1956 Hudson wheel covers on it, and I like them.

[​IMG]