Scored some toys!

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Cyber-Wizard, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My brother-in-law is in the midst of moving his parents out of his childhood home. His mother is notorious for keeping everything and he found that a lot of the toys he and his brothers had were right where they left them in a crawlspace his parents haven't been able to get into in years. Knowing my love for toys my brother-in-law gave me first crack at purchasing anything I might take a fancy to before they try and auction things off. I scored a couple of items that I've been wanting for some time along with a few extras. The Dinky RCMP coupe is one that I've been hoping to run across for some time. I spotted one at a toy show quite a few years ago (in better condition than this one) but simple math dictated I could buy many Road Champs police vehicles for what they wanted for that RCMP Dinky car and I left it there. This one is pretty play worn but I don't care.
    [​IMG]

I've been collecting Matchbox RoadKings for some time. My father used to buy me one RoadKing transport truck every Christmas and I still have each and every one. I was only allowed to play with them on carpeted floors so they're in surprisingly good condition given how much play time they got. I don't usually pay much attention to Matchbox BattleKings but when I saw my brother-in-law had a mint K-106 transport with the original K-102 M48 tank on it I had to make an exception. Those K-106's often sell on eBay but frequently have the wrong vehicle on the back.
    [​IMG]

This Thunderbird was actually mine when I was a kid. My parents kept a bag of Tomte Laerdal vinyl cars in our tent trailer for me to play with when we went camping. I'm not sure how this one wound up at my brother-in-law's house but he sent it home with me. Now I'm trying to figure out where that bag with the rest of those cars got to.
    [​IMG]

My brother-in-law knows I can never turn down a police car so he kept this one aside for me.
    [​IMG]

As much as I really love these wagons, they were really a purchase of opportunity as I didn't already have them. Given their condition, I may try my hand at restoring them just for fun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The most exciting part for me was this 24" Shogun Warrior, Great Mazinga. I've wanted these PVC robots for as long as I can remember. This particular Machinder is one of the last in the line and one of the least desirable amongst hardcore collectors but I don't care. It took some doing to get my brother-in-law to accept more money than he thought a toy should be worth but it was worth it. No way was I going to walk away from a Shogun Warrior that still has all of it's missiles in place. He looks great on my office shelf next to my Geekman figure and my Pixar Mr. Incredible with the talking nipples.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Nice score! Love the Dinky RCMP coupe.

3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Damnation! I always wanted the transporter and tank, but I never could save up to get it. The wagons and the Thunderbird are cool, but the Dinky RCMP vehicle is so t!ts!

4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Nice score! I was just thinking today about some of my toys that my two boys still play with and how most of the new stuff they get won't ever last for them to pass on to their kids. Old toys are always a treasure. Thanks for sharing.

5. pvan

pvan Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I just finished selling off my Micronauts collection a few weeks back. Amazing what some of that stuff goes for. Made over $400!

6. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

All my old Dinkys and Corgis are long gone. But I had that yellow Rambler wagon, a 61 Ford (non police version), and the Pontiac ambulance (mine was two tone blueish gray with a white roof). Cleaning out my mom's attic after she passed away, my brother and I found a new in the box, Johnny Seven One Man Army gun that my mom had told me about. She had bought it for a birthday present, but since my interest never strayed far from cars, she ended up not giving it to me then. Since one end of the box was crushed open, I went ahead and pulled it out briefly for some photos. For now its back in its box and hanging on a wall in my garage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Silvertwinkiehobo

Wow. I'll have to show this to my brother Tim; he described a toy all-in-one gun that our oldest brother Fred had, but Tim couldn't remember the name. Perhaps this is it? And very cool the fact this tow was never played with; this is where all the high-priced collectibles come from. The attic, the basement, the storeroom, the master bedroom, whefe a parent phts a toy, but for whatever reason, it's never given to a child, and half a century later, it's worth Bigg Buxx.

8. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

The Johnny Seven OMA gun was apparently the most requested toy for Christmas 1964. I think it was a few years later that my mom bought this one though, as I was a bit young for this toy in 64.

9. Silvertwinkiehobo

'64, Fred would've been 8, so I'll ask Tim about that.