Model Design for a build

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by RMay, Nov 9, 2015.

1. RMay

RMay Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    As kids my Brother and I were always big model builders. After High school I passed most of my collection on to a Cousin.
    I am still a toy collector and try not to collect anything bigger than 1/25th scale. Diecast cars and trucks became fun for me as I liked to cut them up and modify them. Several diecast and plastic models in my collection are replicas of real cars that I have built and owned.
    I find building a model helps in the design for the real thing. My current 66 Malibu Wagon that I am converting into a 2dr Nomad style build started out by designing a diecast 66 Chevelle model into a 2dr Wagon. As I think of changes in my design I can first try them out on the model to see if I will like them.
    Over the years I have had several cars that my family and I really enjoyed. It may not be practical for most of us to keep all our builds but I find having the models of those cars is a cool way to hold on to the memories.

IMG_6261.JPG IMG_6222.JPG IMG_2364.JPG IMG_2368.JPG IMG_2371.JPG IMG_2359.JPG

Jairus and ModelT1 like this.
  2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Wow! those are all great...................... The models and the full sized models!:thumbs2::clap:

3. RMay

RMay Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well the larger design model I made several years ago for my 56 Chevy 2dr to ElCamino conversion is finally finished. It had been sitting in a box for years until a friend offered to airbrush the colors for me. For this one I modified a diecast Franklin Mint Wagon. Very pleased the way it turned out. Probably will display it in the case with my other Franklin and Danbury Mint cars.

IMG_4207.JPG IMG_4210.JPG

BleuCheeseWagons likes this.