Help in Colorado

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Paladin62, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Paladin62

Paladin62 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I found on the internet a 60 Chevy wagon in Greeley Co. On the wagon are rear Bumperettes that I need.

Problem is the Junkyard is a "Pull your part" yard and they don't seem interested in helping me out here. I'm in Houston Tx...too far to go get them.

I plan to call back to see if I can pay extra to have someone pull the parts. Failing that, I am hoping to find someone near enough to Greeley who would be willing to go to the yard, pull the part, and ship them to me. I would of course compensate you for time, shipping and effort.

Any takers? Anderson Sales and Salvage, (970) 352-7797
    https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/07/junkyard-find-1960-chevrolet-brookwood-two-door-wagon/

2. hoochinikwa

hoochinikwa One of the Boys

1) Are the "bumperettes" very large?
    2) Can it wait until, say, Wednesday?

3. Paladin62

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for responding. I attached a picture of the bumperettes. They are not very large and should fit in one of the USPS mailers. I am under a time crunch (sic). Anderson Salvage Yard in Greeley Co could crush the wagon anytime. I plan to call tomorrow to see if I can delay that. They want $5 each for the parts. I plan to offer them $50 to pull the pieces and another $15 to mail them, so I'm out $75 total. Three bolts hold each part in place. If that fails, I'm hoping to find someone near Greeley (perhaps you) who would make this happen.
    I need HELP!!

Attached Files:

4. hoochinikwa

No problem! The bumperettes would certainly fit in my trunk, so no problem there. It's a shame to see a two-door wagon crushed, but it *is* pretty far gone.

I ask if you can wait until Wednesday because I am working until this weekend, and I will be out of town this weekend, so Wednesday is the earliest I could get up to Greeley (it's about an hour and a half from here). I don't know how long this yard has had the car, but our pick-n-pulls tend to keep cars for a couple of months.

Anyway, keep me posted!

5. Paladin62

Wagon Garage:
    Bad news...I guess I showed my hand. I offered the guy at the yard $$$$ to pull the part...After a considerable wait I get him back on the phone only to be told that the wagon is still there, but the bumper is GONE! I could be wrong, but I feel like I've been had...Crap!!

I'll wait a few days and check the Greeley Co Craigs List...they may show up.

Thanks for stepping up
    Clay

6. hoochinikwa

Any news? Have they turned up on CL? Greeley, or Denver, or Fort Collins?

7. Paladin62

Wagon Garage:
    Not yet. I checked the Colorado Craigslist. There are some bumpers there but they've been there a long time. And they do not have the bumper Parts I need. I'll keep looking. Thanks for asking.