Cars and Coffee Austin Tx, 2/13/2017 - 1400 cars attended!!!

Discussion in 'Car Shows and Swap Meets' started by 81X11, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Cars and Coffee Austin 2/12/17 - Took the Roadmaster Wagon to Cars and Coffee this morning. I thinks folks had cabin fever after the cold weather last month, because with temps in the 70s today the meet was HUUUGE. The outside lots were full at 9am so the overflow FILLED the 4-story parking garage too and THEN folks began parking on the grass! There were 1400 cars!!!

I managed to kill my phone battery I took so many pics, 70 Superbird, 69 COPO Camaro and '69 Yenko, and the Zimmer Quicksilver and Renault Alpine, Lexus LFA, Triumph TR8 convertible....Rotary-powered Toyota Starlet, Prelude Convertible and Lambo-door 71 Riviera????....yep...and TONS more. LOTS of pics in this album (480+)! Enjoy!
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10212064245552114.1073742191.1553678810&type=3

And a drone view, and the outdoor lot wasn't even full here yet! Look at the lines of cars coming in, AND can you spot the Roadmaster wagon?? https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=zmbUp5PkCYg&u=/watch?v=Ukco5zKte5g&feature=share

And another awesome video of the meet that a local Sweet Rides member took. This is TOO COOL!:

AWESOME MEET!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy the Album if you look, it's Public, do not have to be a Facebook member to look through the pics.

Such Fun!

-Mike

ModelT1 and Grizz like this.
  2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Dang Mike! That's a lot of cars! I have been to one or two events in the past that had over 1000 cars and it can actually get overwhelming after a while.
    We still have snow on the ground here. I can certainly understand the cabin fever aspect.
    Thanks for sharing!

3. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Glad you liked the pics. Round Rock Cars and Coffee is this Sunday morning, but there is a rain chance. Fingers Crossed it stays away!

4. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    I used to work in round rock. Maintenance at "the mansions at star ranch"!!! I'd like to come back to Austin someday.the hardest part about getting there is crossing Texas!!:biglaugh:

5. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I know right where that is Grizz! I love Austin and Central Texas in general. So pretty with the hill country close, and great weather...well except July/August, but that's what tubing and lakes are for. Been in Austin 23-years now. Only downside is so many folks have moved here the traffic is crappy now...it wasn't when I moved here!

6. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    I was joking about crossing texas being difficult. The whole state is cool. When I lived in Austin people would give me a hard time about being from Nashville on account of a supposedly on going debate about who deserves the title "music city". They would say "here in Austin we have more live music than anyone so the debate is silly." I would respond, "I agree, it is silly! So silly that in Nashville we didnt even know this was a discussion!" Austin is a great city! I lived there 2 years, everyday felt like a vacation. Its first time I ever saw two men riding one motorcycle!:rofl2:

7. Leadslead

Leadslead Well-Known Member

Look at the massive size of that Lincoln! it makes all the other cars tiny in comparison, it just dominates that picture you almost don't even notice the limo behind it! (y)

8. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks again Mike for a nice group of photos. We always wanted to go to Texas. Had friends there and came close to moving to one of those RV communities next to a place called Mexico.
    I'd have trouble now walking around that grassy rectangle where you parked.