'96 Roadmaster Estate Wagon 2nd row latch

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by theonenandrew, Sep 26, 2018.

1. theonenandrew

theonenandrew New Member

I've been trying to track down one of these posts that works with the 2nd row seat latch. It's like a spring loaded post on the one side of the 2nd row seats that secures the seat in place. RMW are almost nonexistent in scrap yards but I do keep an eye out. Any other suggestions where to look for something like that? Are there any other vehicles that would have something similar? I'm guessing the 90s Caprice wagon might have a similar setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think you are taking about the actual push button to release the seat? GM changed the folding seat design itself in 1994, 94-96 Roadmaster or Caprice Wagon are all the same, but that actual latch may be the same going back to '91 when the whales came out...and if so, you can add the 91-92 Olds Custom Cruiser to your search list. These are still fairly common here in Texas yards so I will look next time I go yarding. If you are not a member, you might join the GM Longroof Forum, as there is lots of great info on there there, and folks with good parts stashes that might have what you need. http://gmlongroof.4umer.com/ I've been a member there for years, and it's been a huge help to me. Happy Hunting!

3. theonenandrew

theonenandrew New Member

So it's more of a spring loaded piston in the right side of the actual seat back, not the button to release the seat. I'm not sure what it would really be called. Thanks for the info though, I will add the Custom Cruiser to the list! That's interesting they're more prevalent in TX, definitely not the case here on the east coast! I take a look at that website as well!

IMG_2476.jpg

4. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Is it not an option to bond it together with a strong panel bonding adhesive or something like that? We're not talking Elmer's glue here, adhesives have come a long way.