2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon priced from $62,990

Discussion in 'Station Wagon News From Around The Web' started by wagonmaster, Oct 5, 2010.

1. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Filed under: Car Buying, Performance, Wagon, Cadillac, GM

[​IMG]
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon - Click above for high-res image gallery

This is sort of like a dream come true. We're already madly in love with the Cadillac CTS-V in both its sedan and sexy coupe forms, and in just a few months, we'll have a five-door station wagon version that still packs the V's 556-horsepower supercharged V8, rear-wheel drive and a proper manual transmission. It's like General Motors made this one just for us (we aren't complaining). Want one? $62,990, including destination charges.

So, what does $63K get you other than some family haulin' lunacy on wheels? Leather, heated seats, navigation, HID headlamps, a premium Bose sound system and Cadillac's premium care maintenance service for four years or 50,000 miles. Optional goodies include the $3,400 Recaro heated and ventilated front chairs (you want these - trust us), $800 19-inch polished aluminum alloys, $600 for slightly fancier wood trim and $300 for suede on the steering wheel and shifter.

Realistically, you can get a perfect CTS-V Wagon with a six-speed manual and the Recaro seats for $66,390. That, folks, is one heck of a bargain. As great as it is, we're thinking that GM won't manage to sell a whole bunch of this very niche product, so we're thinking it's an easy pick for a future collectible. Hit the jump to read GM's official press blast.

Gallery: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[Source: General Motors]Continue reading 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon priced from $62,990

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon priced from $62,990 originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

2. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

Nice. Too bad I don't have a spare $66K laying around anywhere. Hey, maybe I can find a Caddy dealer who'll trade even for my Mercury. Hmm, probably not.

3. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    lunacy wagon? My Fairmont wagon has more cargo space. Why would I want a rolling livingroom with fake wood trim? That's a wealthy family's live-in cook's grocery getter, not a wagon. $66K US is about $71K Canuck bucks, plus taxes, plus delivery, plus AC tarrifs. I could buy 2 homes up here for that and all the work that comes with them, and get rent income. That puppy is a sink hole. IMHO.:rofl2::banghead3:

4. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    2 houses for $71K, man do I live in the wrong part of the country. :rofl2:
    The wife and I are having trouble finding a small bungalow with some decent garage space for less than $350K here in Ontario.

5. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    Are you sitting down? I bought this house on a rent-to-own contract and paid for it in 10 months, back in 1999! $14,000. 2 storey, 3 bedrooms, full basement, took the gas out and went to electric (cheapest on the continent) and my January/February bills will come in with all lights, hot water and heat, at under $125 in each month. My july bill was $19.

You can still buy an old fixer-upper for about $20K, but a decent fixer-upper is around $30 to $50K, average 40 year old bungalow is about $140,000. But they pay $1,800 per year in Prop taxes. I pay $250.

I can hear you shouting, the wife gasping, and a few Holy Sh!ts! :evilsmile::banghead3:

My latest tax appraisal was at $50K, and two of my neigbours sold theirs for $140,000 and $130,000.

6. Cyber-Wizard

Wagon Garage:
    Definitely nothing wrong with your hearing. :)

We bought this 900sqft 2 storey in '98 for $149K. It's got a finished basement, a 20x20 workshop out in the yard and a garage large enough to put my Parisienne in as long as I don't plan on opening the car door once I park. Similar houses on our street are now selling for $200K-$250K. This is what's referred to as a "starter neighbourhood". We're looking at something in the 1300sqft range, hopefully with a 2-3 car garage or a little chunk of property where I can start a wagon collection and $300K won't get us squat.

7. Cyber-Wizard

Wagon Garage:
    My sister purchased what apparently was the cheapest house in town a year ago. It was a 600sqft bungalow with no basement or attic and it ran them $160K.

We're still an hours drive away from Toronto where my house would sell in the $300-$400K range.

8. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    My house is about 700 sq ft per floor. When the basement is done, it will have my woodwork shop and the media room (home theatre and sound system. The first and second floors are living space. Huge 15' X 20' kitchen, and 6' X 8' pantry. 3 piece bathroom, TV room/parlour. Upstairs we'll use one bedroom for paperwork and home biz, and the other for hobbies (music and art lessons for my wife. When guests come, we hide all of that in built in drawers in the knee walls. She's got a BIG family, and we can park a few more in the media room. The shop has its own dust extractor.

The property is small 35' X 75'. Can't legally build a garage... (keyword legally) The city doesn't have enough inspectors.

In 2004, there were 2 Saskatchewan towns that were being abandoned and put up for sale. One for... wait for it... $300 bucks. $1 for each citizen that left. The whole town, buildings and road (only one). The other went for $5,000! It had 4 roads and a firestation. There's still some bargains around. The City sells homes and properties that were vacated or siezed for taxes - around $10 K.

9. Cyber-Wizard

Wagon Garage:
    Ha, Ha, you're killing me!!

It would be kinda cool to own a small town/firestation.

...on the other hand, how far do you have to drive in the winter before the tires warm up enough to get rid of the flat spot on the bottom?:rofl::evilsmile:

10. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    Think of your resume! Mayor, Sherrif, Dog Catcher, Parks and Recreation exec. Man! You could run for PM! :evilsmile: All for $300!

It was a cow town, when BSE hit, and it just folded up.

Tire compounds are different for us in this cold. More rubber content, than recycled compound. They level out after about 100 feet of rolling, if that.

11. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    I found a contractors site some time ago (2 years?) that allowed you to punch in what you wanted in the house or just a total number to build one on your lot with all services in place. Materials were 25% of the house cost on a house for about $130,000. There's no logic to house prices anymore. By the time you pay for it, you're either dead or retired.

This isn't it, but it sure is handy:
    http://www.construction-cost.com/

12. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    We are worlds apart on this one, Normy. I would kill to have one of those cadwags. That 556HP/LS and a 6 speed is suhWEET!(y):D:D:D

13. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    I'd want a debt-free lifestyle (big bags of big bucks and no debts) before I'd put more than $10K in any car, Mike. Even if I won one in a lottery. The warranty and maintenance costs are way up there. Now, building my own car, on my terms, that's a different game, but still, I wouldn't go over $20K in restoration/build costs.

They have to drive the same roads that I do, at the same speeds. Cost per mile? I win!

Where I go nuts though is woodworking machinery and exotic woods. I love quality furniture and building it. Like a real woody wagon.:rofl2:

14. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah....different strokes. There was a time I could have walked in and bought one of those cadwags and not missed the money. If that were still true....I would do it in a New York nano second!

15. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    I love my luxury too, just not in vehicles.