1992 Olds Custom Cruiser Wgn

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by rrbnut, Oct 31, 2019.

1. rrbnut

rrbnut 1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

Wagon Garage:
  2. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Not bad. I don't care at all for the aftermarket, industrial-sized roof rack. Probably a leftover from its service with U.S. Forest Service, which the badge on the driver's door would seem to indicate. It looks way too big for the car, but you'll have holes in the roof if you remove it.

00k0k_26UYp8HzTh3_1200x900.jpg

He makes no mention of the door badge, but rather talks about buying it from the "original couple." Why would the car have a Forest Service badge on the door if it wasn't bought originally, or at least owned at some point, by the Forest Service? Something not 100% right about the backstory, but, as I said, the car looks OK. 108,000 miles. Can't hide from those 6-digit odometers.

3. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I have a feeling the badge is just something he put on there to look cool. Much like people putting surfboards on the tops of wagons in the middle of Nebraska. I also do not care for the roof rack or the holes it would leave if you removed it. Other than that I like the car. The '91-'92 CC is my favorite of the '91-'96 B-body wagons.

4. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Perhaps, but I don't think so. First, of all the things you might put on the car to look cool, why that?

Second, and more importantly, the Forest Service badging goes hand-in-hand with the over-sized, aftermarket rack on the roof. Together this strongly suggests that the car spent at least part of its life as a work vehicle for the Forest Service, and they used the rack to haul stuff around.

5. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

An airport shuttle business in San Diego used to use these specific wagons for hauling Customers back and forth from the airport to their parked car. I remember taking one myself back in the late 90’s. So I believe it’s an old airport shuttle wagon with the sticker put on the side for looks. Also it’s an 8 passenger which would have helped with the shuttle capacity with the rack on top for all the luggage.