1990 Buick Estate Wagon Drawings/Dimensions

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by MrMcNick, Jul 30, 2019.

1. MrMcNick

MrMcNick New Member

Hello,

I am searching for the good diagram of the 1990 Buick Estate Wagon, the drawing/exploded view with dimensions. I am attempting to build a scale model as a gift for my father. I do have the dimensions I need and a few decent pictures and could get by. But for accuracy if it is available the other information is super useful.

I appreciate any help. Thank you

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Try getting your hands on a Fisher body manual for 1990. It's not exactly scaled, but it would be a first step to making any kind of scale model. The car's engineering drawings would be in GM's possession, but I doubt if they'd run off copies for you.

3. MrMcNick

MrMcNick New Member

Ok I will have to search for that book, I plan to call the GM Historical Department tomorrow but like you said I doubt they will help if they can

4. MrMcNick

MrMcNick New Member

It appears that manual is harder to find than I was expecting too. Been searching throughout the day and have come up empty

5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Amazon and eBay are zilcho? That's unbelieveable.

6. MrMcNick

MrMcNick New Member

Weirdest part is I can’t even find a picture of the cover. Beginning to think it was never made. Have trouble finding any of the books for the 80’s let alone 90’s

7. Silvertwinkiehobo

By 1990, they may have changed format? But I'm sure they had both shop manuals and body manuals as printed materials in the late '80s. It may have been someone on this site who had obtained a set.

8. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

9. Silvertwinkiehobo

The Fisher manuals that I remember (I had the 1970 one years ago) were a shop manual, to show striping, badge placement, ride height, etc. If GM changed them, perhaps that's what became of them.

10. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

The Parts catalogs were a separate thing from the Fisher Body manuals, which were meant to accompany the chassis service manuals. Many aspects of the cars were covered in the body manual rather than the chassis manual. For example, while there's lots of info on the electrical system, including a wiring diagram, in the chassis manual, anything that was considered part of the body was covered in the body manual. Power windows, door locks, trunk lids, tailgates, that sort of thing were all covered in the body manual. You really have to have both if you're going to do any kind of maintenance or restoration on cars from that era.

But neither the body manuals nor the chassis manuals had any kind of dimensional information. I don't know that assembly manuals or parts catalogs will have that information, either.