1988 Pontiac Safari $3500

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by ken1939, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ken1939

ken1939 Well-Known Member

2. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Nice squareback and in my biased opinion worth more than the asking price. Has the usual cracked dash covered with carpet, missing roofrack and hood ornament, possible repaint, and has what looks to be a heavy duty tow hitch. Believe the cornering lamps were an option (our 87 which we picked up in 90 does not have them) and car has am/fm with cassette. Wayback plastics look intact and not completely sunbleached. Would want to see a photo of the headliner as by the 20+ year mark they are usually either replaced or missing.

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The rear bumper filler also looks like it’s gone, as witnessed by the sun shadow, but you are right. When I saw this add last night I think that one is a bargain.

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Rear fillers are gone on mine, too. I ordered replacement fillers from Replica Plastics. They were molded fiberglas, and very rough. Painted them, then tried to install. Got the corner ones on, and they 'kinda' fit. The center section didn't fit at all. Totally unusable. I've figured out a solution involving a piece of aluminum 'U' channel, and some flexible rubber baseboard material. Haven't tried installing it yet, though.

5. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Hardly call it a bargain. Fair condition at best. These 1980s GM box wagons are not hard to find, and most better optioned than this.

6. ken1939

ken1939 Well-Known Member

Yes even I thought it was kind of reasonable for the condition.

7. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Especially when you see a cancerous ridden vista cruiser for $5,000. Know it’s an Apples and bowling ball comparison, but sadly $3,500 doesn’t buy much any more. Or as my friends tell me when I opine about cheap cars back in the day “They don’t make movies the way they used to Norma”.