1972 Chevrolet Kingswood Estate 454

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Sep 7, 2015.

1. josephtessaro

josephtessaro Member

I may have replied to the wrong person...hilarious video! I almost shit my pants when I played it listening to monotone dude and 70's music in the background! AWESOME!!!

2. josephtessaro

josephtessaro Member

I live in the country. I am about 20 minutes outside of a town called Cheyenne in Wyoming. After I get off the county/dirt roads and finally hit pavement, I am about 7 miles from Highway I-80. If I elect to take I-80 to one of the main exits into Cheyenne, I am on the Highway for about 6 miles. Town is filled with big ass trucks because it is, after all the "Cowboy State". I am about 50 miles from Fort Collins, 110 miles from Denver.

These are highways, straight shots with no curvy roads. May be someone can understand why I think having 500hp under the hood would be exciting to have more HP under the hood.

There you have it.

3. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Great wagon you've got. Best wishes. :thumbs2:

4. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

Yes good luck. I'm not jealous of your wagon just trying to give you some constructive advice. I have two wagons and if anyone is jealous of my Estate wagon when it's put together, they can have it. It's been too much work and money! I guess you're at the beginning of your wagon adventure and want to enjoy spending money on it so have at it.

5. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

That's EXACTLY why I built mine as I did. But at the same time I could embarrass "bad ass" trucks in the hauling department too. I can tell you your not going to outrun any of the mentioned, but they will not be laughing at you either. But pound for pound anything of close to equal weight or even a bit lighter got it's doors blown off.

6. josephtessaro

josephtessaro Member

Here is a photo of the engine installed. Finished Tuesday 11/24. Custom dual exhaust done Wednesday 11/25. 320 more break in miles and I can have some fun!!!

Gitsehtmai and WagonKiller like this.
  7. josephtessaro

josephtessaro Member

Just added a photo of the engine all tucked in nicely. No slicks, no NOS, just good old fashioned HP under the hood. Didn't ruin the car at all...OH, I still have the original numbers matching motor to put back in should I wish to make it all original again.

What joy, what fun!!

8. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

That engine looks like it has the proper amount of naughtiness in it! Let us know what it dyno's at after you get it broken in good!

9. jwdtenn

Looks very well done!

10. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Very nice!

11. Gitsehtmai

Gitsehtmai Member

So how much quicker is it? Does it feed your desire? Stock 454 crate motor built probably with a warranty which would be one of the biggest benefits for a person like you and I see you still left a carb/mechanical fuel pump and used an all cast block which was smart leaving it as factory as possible for an easy swap back to OEM if you ever decided to do so. I would be interested to know if it ran a 14 second 1/4...but even with that set up its exactly what you wanted which should be all that matters not a time slip but I am curious how it would run exp with the stock diff. What tires are on it now? This would also help others whom are juggling in their heads on an engine swap and whether to build 454 cast carb/ 350/400/LS/ LQ. I will admit the cost effectiveness and ease of your build was probably also a huge benefit to you as well although I don't recommend chopping up a low mile Wagon like that, I do think you did it as safe and classy as possible and I respect you for that. It by far beats Gas Monkeys Joke of a wagon which was utterly tasteless in my eyes. Nice job.

12. jwdtenn

13. jwdtenn

14. jwdtenn

15. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Don't see a price when I pull the ad up.