1957 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by 57sedandelivery, Jun 12, 2022.

1. 57sedandelivery

57sedandelivery New Member

Hello all, I am new to the group and a new owner of a 57 Courier. I am already starting to order parts (which are very hard to find). My first question is, is the door glass the same on the sedan deliveries as it is on the 2door wagons? I would think so but really don’t know.

2. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

It is flat glass? Back in the day, we just went to the glass shop and they cut new ones for us. Everyone always looks for replacement glass and don't seem to be aware of this option. "Curved glass is another story, but I do remember them covering the glass with lighter fluid and igniting it to get some curve. However this was laminated glass and not the tempered stuff used today.

3. 57sedandelivery

Thanks OldFox. I didn’t even think about that. I done that a few times when I was younger. I guess I’ve been modernized now. Lol

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Every piece of glass made by the American car makers has been catalogued; you should be able to go into an auto glass shop and order, if they don't already have stock on the rack. Of course, you can do an Internet search for anyone selling glass that'll fit your doors. Remember, the Ranchero and wagons shared body panels and other components; so it's possible Ranchero side windows may be the same.

5. 57sedandelivery

Thanks Silver.

6. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I can't imagine any reason why the door glass in the sedan deliveries would be any different from the 2-door station wagon glass.......

7. 57sedandelivery

I hope they are the same. I ordered door and vent window glass for a wagon. Now finding all of the weatherstripping is a challenge.

8. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Try Steele rubber products, I got most everything I needed for my 65 Vista from them and it was a spot on match. Oh by the way WELCOME to the forums ! Post some pictures when you get a chance, WE LOVE PICTURES AROUND HERE! Good luck on your search for parts!.....Longroofs Rule!

9. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard 57Sedandelivery. Sounds like a neat car you have there. I'd love to see some photos of it.
    Good luck in your parts search.

10. 1930artdeco

1930artdeco Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to club! Yes pics are a must around here and they help us help you. I have a 57 country sedan and am also on the 57 ford forever website.

mike