Unusual Olds Cutlass wagon on Ebay

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by dodgeguy, May 16, 2010.

  1. dodgeguy

    dodgeguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Messages:
    596
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    69
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Southport, NC
  2. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Yeah, it is unusual for sure. AC yet plain jane rite down to a 3 on the tree.

    I posted a pic of it some time ago in the gallery when it was on Ebay before, woder why it did'nt sell.

    I'd love to have it, I'd leave it as stock as possible.
     
  3. dodgeguy

    dodgeguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Messages:
    596
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    69
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Southport, NC
    All I would do is a repaint, stick a set of whitewalls on and for sure leave the dogdishes. Would probably add a 4 barrel carb, a light cam and some duals under the bumper, out of sight. I am thinking it might have add-on air. He states it has clear glass, and I know Mopar uses tinted glass on AC vehicles, and I would expect GM to do the same.
     
  4. wixom61

    wixom61 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2009
    Messages:
    2,555
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    111
    Location:
    Dallas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

    David :2_thumbs_up_-_anima
     
  5. VTWAGONLOVER

    VTWAGONLOVER Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2010
    Messages:
    726
    Likes Received:
    29
    Trophy Points:
    85
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Essex Jct., Vermont
    This car isn't far from me (40 minutes). I've looked at the ad several times too. He has lots of extra goodies for it. I'm just not into a 3-on-the-tree though. I agree it's neat, and I'd be willing to look at it if someone is seriously interested... I agree it's definitely cool and unusual...:yup:
     
  6. dodgeguy

    dodgeguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Messages:
    596
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    69
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Southport, NC
    It might make a great 442 wagon project. Changing over from manual to automatic is easy. Steering columns for autos and single pedal assemblies should be easy to find. I changed out a Dodge Charger one time.
     
  7. snooterbuckets

    snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    3,742
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    106
    Location:
    Cranford, New Jersey
    AC, power windows but the little hubcaps, bsw's, 3 on the tree, radio delete and a Cutlass instead of a VC. I'm thinking the 350 was probably an option as well; was the standard engine on a Cutlass wagon a 6? Anyway, this is absolutely a very uniquely optioned car. I'm sure some retail customer ordered it that way; I can't imagine any Olds dealer ordering it like that for their inventory.
     
  8. dodgeguy

    dodgeguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Messages:
    596
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    69
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Southport, NC
    It was for sure a special order. I am wondering if the AC might be an add-on. I don't see any decent shot of the dash. Looks like the controls might be heater only. There is a vent on the dash, but this might be just for outside air, as some of these had the Astro Ventilation. The untinted glass makes me wonder. Hope somebody will buy it and make a nice people-mover out of it.
     
  9. snooterbuckets

    snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    3,742
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    106
    Location:
    Cranford, New Jersey
    I remember back in the 60's, air conditioning and tinted glass were separate options on alot of cars. Obviously, the tinted glass was heavily recommended in air conditioned cars, but you could get one without the other.
     
  10. dodgeguy

    dodgeguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Messages:
    596
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    69
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Southport, NC
    For years, all Chrysler cars equipped with AC came with tinted glass as part of the package. Don't know about GM and Ford. I suppose you could even get a Mopar without if you special ordered it.
     
  11. jeffreyalman

    jeffreyalman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    Messages:
    485
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    Hollywood, FL
    center A/C vent looks factory, not a delete plate - a no A/C car would have had a center blank and real side vents
     
  12. dodgeguy

    dodgeguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Messages:
    596
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    69
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Southport, NC
    If it is an AC vent, and the non AC cars did not have it, that means 2 separate dash pads would be available. It would have been cheaper to make all the pads with the vent and run the outside vent through the normal AC ducts. Don't know. Anybody got a non air 68 Cutlass? I think everybody agrees it is a strange little wagon.
     
  13. jeffreyalman

    jeffreyalman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    Messages:
    485
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    Hollywood, FL
  14. marcar1993

    marcar1993 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    285
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    49
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    CNJ
    In gm, you could separate them and I know it for a fact. My dad's 76 t/a has tinted glass but no a/c. It was ordered that way.
     

Share This Page