Greetings from Santa Cruz

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by kellyforniaaaa, Sep 8, 2019.

1. kellyforniaaaa

kellyforniaaaa New Member

My name is Kelly and I live in Santa Cruz, California. I purchased my 1985 Mercury Lincoln Grand Marquis Colony Park here in town with low miles in 2016. It's my daily driver (and only car). My dog and friends love it, as do I.
    Its a bit of a gas guzzler, but thats just more incentive for me to ride my bike!

Its a burgundy color with the faux wood exterior and red vinyl on the inside.

I have an affinity for old things, and constantly feel 'they don't make em like they used to'.

Im finally used to people staring, taking pictures, mentioning Wallyworld, Stranger Things, or any 80s movie, honking to give me a thumbs up, or stopping me in traffic to ask to buy it off me.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum, as I am a proud station wagon owner. Especially bc the station wagon and I are the same age ;) IMG_6049.jpg IMG_6050.jpg IMG_3873.JPG IMG_5522.JPG IMG_4279.JPG

fannie and wagoninsane like this.
  2. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    welcome

there are couple of us here on the forum that have 85 Colony Parks, mine is silver with red leather with 61,000 miles, got mine also in 2016, unfortunately I am twice the age of my car, and in the about the same condition. have spent the price of the car bringing it back mechanically, was never abused just not driven enough so seals, gaskets, wiring just aged and needed to be replaced. I like previous owners don't drive it enough, so I have put it up for sale. Will miss it, but having it sit isn't the right thing to do.
    again welcome
    11.JPG

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    fannie likes this.
  3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome Kelly! Great looking wagon you have there. I love to hear stories like yours. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this car and hearing more stories of your adventures with it.

4. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the forums Kelly! Looks like Angus enjoys your wagon as much as you do! I have two Labradors that when they see my 65 vista cruiser pull into the driveway they go bonkers. I have to take them for a ride, or deal with the consequences! Aren't dogs great! Again welcome and hope you and Angus enjoy your wagon!....Longroofs Rule!

5. LAMCPWAGON

LAMCPWAGON Member

Hey Kelly, thats a good looking merc with an awesome color combo you have. Have you had to do any major repairs since you got it or was it ready to go/riding smooth out the gate?

6. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Angus...great name.

:wave: welcome aboard.

7. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Kelly
    just 1 post and that's it?

8. iamjarred18

iamjarred18 New Member