Safari Wagons...............

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Safariknut, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Safariknut

Safariknut Well-Known Member

As you may or may not know I am a fan of Pontiac Safari wagons and am always looking to find more. Sadly the field is pretty limited to the Road Champs series which had basically just two different ones: an ivory and turquoise and a bronze and ivory model.There was also a 56 Safari that was offered in 1/64 and 1/18th scale by Muscle Machines in green and silver(1/64th scale)and blue and silver in 1/18th scale.I also found a resin cast 1/25th scale Safari but have no idea who made it.
    However I did manage to unearth two others; one that was yellow and black(not offered on the Safaris)and a special edition made for Rod & Custom magazine that was orange and metallic gray(!). I also found a gold one but it appears to have been a turquoise version that someone had re-painted.
    Does anyone know of or have seen other variations? Just curious. I wish someone would offer a 1957 Safari in 1/25th scale or larger. I had to sell my 1:1 scale 57 awhile back and really miss it. A model would help heal the wounds. Safari1.JPG Safari2.JPG Safari3.JPG Safari4.JPG Safari5.JPG

Timmayy and BillT like this.
  2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Those are pretty nice examples. I know it's crummy when there aren't many options, but at least there are versions available. I've NEVER seen a 64 Plymouth wagon of any kind aside from the few resin kits available on ePay.
    I keep hoping that someone like Greenlight will introduce one someday, but they seem to have moved on past the 50's and 60's and are now focusing on late 70's and early 80's wagons.
    Oh well.

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    As a wee widdle kid, say around 1956 or 57, I remember having one of these.....
    [​IMG]

Looked pretty much as you see there, but newer. No plastic 'glass', no interior. Probably around 1:32 scale, IIRC...... (I could be off there....) Was memorable at the time, and I knew it was a Pontiac because my dad owned an older Pontiac then, and also, the trim on the hood.....

4. Safariknut

It could have been a Hubley 56 Pontiac Safari wagon although those were slightly larger than 1/24th scale.They were painted blue & white. I think I have a picture of one around somewhere but don't have an actual model.

5. Safariknut

Here are a few more from my accumulation:A 1/18th scale 56 Safari by Muscle Machines in blue & silver;a 1/64th scale 56 Safari by Muscle Machines in green & silver;and a 1/25th scale resin 55 Safari by an unknown maker. DisplayEastWall2 007.jpg DisplayEastWall2 022.jpg ModelCars1 018.jpg MotorizedDisplayCase1 020.jpg MotorizedDisplayCase1 030.jpg

OrthmannJ likes this.
  6. iamjarred18

iamjarred18 New Member

Great stuff.

7. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member