........OK I know this thing is not finished and on the road but I'll give you a quick peek and just a short story on my 58 Delivery. Had to be around 1995 a fellow calls me and asks if I want to buy his car as he is going through a divorce. I knew his dad from the car shows , and he wanted his 58 to go to a good home so he gave me first chance. Man, a 58 Delivery was abit of a dream car for me long ago. I thought pulling my other 58's to shows with a 58 Delivery would be cool. Anyways, I went looked at it. He was a bodyman and did all the body as you see it. He dechromed the body welding up all the molding clip holes and frenched in a aerial in the fin. A 283 power pak , powerglide , tilt , power seat and console ( Cordoba I think ? ), old ET wheels , inside are new tail pipes, new power antenae , new weather striping , ball joints , PW motors/arms, push button radio , mirrors , steel fender skirts , PB setup , and misc parts. How much you guys think it was worth ? It runs very nice, drives , and he already painted under the hood and dash Hemi orange. I have done nothing to the car since then other than keep the 283 running. I have found all the original body moldings for it now and would like to put them back on cause I think it looks better with them. Even the place where he frenched the aerial I might fill up but haven't decided for sure yet as I do like old custom tricks like that. I am still looking for a tinted rear window and the tail gate bars from a Nomad, plus the chrome that goes all around the top roof panel on a Nomad or Safari wagon. I figure it would dress it up better . Man time flies , I should of been driving this years ago. But too many projects and getting older doesn't help. Attached is also a pic of a finished one I found on the net. I like it in orange and think I will keep his original intent for the car. Oh, what did I pay for it ? Exactly what he asked, $2500 cash.
.....OK, I'm done, first day member here and posted my 2 wagons with info, probably in wrong forum but maybe admin can move it all to where ever.
This is as good a place as any, Johnny...... (Later, when you have time, make some space in the 'garage' section and/or post the pics up in the 'Members Gallery' section.) Love that '58 Sedan Delivery. Got a soft spot for '58 Chevys, although I've never had one myself. My dad had a '58 Biscayne sedan in the early 60's. Welcome to the SFW, Johnny Marshall
thanks Krash. I learned to drive in a 58 and have had about 30 in total with parts cars. The 58 Impala will always be my #1 car. I passed up another 58 delivery this fall on kijiji, running 283 original car, looked good too , but I didn't have an extra $2500 for it. I already have one and just have to stay focused on the 49 5 window I'm building right now. But this delivery needs to get finished. Pics I took last august driving around the yard.
. .......thanks 4 the offer, but I have several parts cars. Canadian 58's all came with one piece bumpers. In the states 3 piece were the norm except some out of the california plant came with them thus the term one piece california bumper. So one piece is rare down there, up here they are common.
Nice panel! A lot of the design looks very close to my '58 Ford. Watching for future updates with interest.
Johnny, Thanks for posting pics of the delivery and your '68 Chevy wagon. I absolutely love the sedan delivery. The '68 is a cool ride as well. You have quite a stable of cool rides...I just noticed. Welcome again. Jack