Poor KIA...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by Xavier, May 8, 2012.

1. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Good luck to both of you. I'd sure like to see you riding around Chicago and all points north in a station wagon!
    Get a chance go to Illinois Beach State park and the many other scenic spots up there. Maybe you can skinny dip in the warm waters of Lake Michigan!;)

2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Hang in there X , I know all to well what it's like missing Mama when she leaves for party vacations:D. Wait till she really falls in love, she'll be traveling all the time to get away:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Keep looking towards the future, and all the best or both of you:)

3. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Thanks, guys. The more Zoe tells me about up there the more I want to be there with her... I look forward to driving again. I say that because I am having trouble with my insurance company. If I cant get it resolved by Tuesday then, Zoe and I have both agreed that we will just park the car. I will still do what I can for it and sell it. It will suck big time to be unable to drive but I dont see any way around it.

4. wagonman76

wagonman76 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The big pond never gets warm even by the end of summer. But there are diehards here that like to jump in the lake in February.

5. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    As an ex-Illinois native we have been in and all around Lake Michigan and the other Great Lakes. Even in July/August we never worried about heat stroke when jumping in the lake!:biglaugh: Brrrrr!

POOR KIA !

6. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

I been in Lake Erie around Ohio and Lake Michigan off Door County, WI and didn't think it was too cold in summer???

7. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Actually got used to it after the thousand needles stabbing sensation left my tunmmy! Love Door County. Camped at a new section of the Northern most capground up there-----------Wheel something. Maybe Wagon Wheel? This was way back during one of the Indian uprisings so things may be different. loved Washington island too.
    Has nothing to do with anything. But they found a body off one of those points near a niteclub when we were there.

8. MotoMike

I didn't do it! :whistle:

9. MotoMike

Why are we here with this thread? Oh yeah.........

Poor Kia!!

10. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Well. I just posted the KIA for sale AGAIN. This time we have no choice but to get rid of it one way or another. Not exactly the best time of year IMO, but maybe somebody is getting their tax returns really, really late. :D

The next couple of weeks are going to be busy and exciting. The move, our anniversary, selling the car... Its gonna fly by, isn't it and a month from now we are going to look back and say what the hell happened. One minute we're rotting in Joplin and now we materialized in CHICAGO!!! :yahoo: :yippee: :yahoo: We can't freakin wait!

11. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Happy for you and Mrs X:), Dump the Kia, who cares for what. I think alot of us including myself have made the car sacrifice to move on to bigger and better things..... such as a new life:2_thumbs_up_-_anima

12. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    It wasn't a Kia. It was one of my favorite 1955 Chevys, a nice 1957 Chevy 2-dr HT, and our trusty old 1950 Harley. The silver blue 55 Chevy and the old Harley hold so many memories of many miles and smiles.

They were the easiest to sell when planning our retirement and move to Florida. Since I was driving them, and someone was always wanting to buy one of them, they sold quickly, and way too cheaply.

It hurt, for a little while. I only cry when I think about it..........Whaaaaa!
    But it's only metal and other material stuff. Get rid of the Kia and march forward.

13. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

What Fox said...no, not you Cat...the Fox must have told you this:biglaugh:

It's a proven fact!;)......:pub:

14. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Well, I got a call and they asked if we would be willing to take 2500 for it. We, of course, said yes. They know whats wrong with it. They are going to test drive it Monday. I know I have no control over it but I would love to see it go to some one who will put as much care and love into it as we have. I know it is just a disposable camera on wheels with an over priced computer in it, but it has been there for Zoe and me for 2 years. We bought it on June 18th as an anniversary present to ourselves.

15. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    See if you can get them to pay you BEFORE they drive it! Just joking. Good luck