Thanks for the kind intro!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by pontpwr, Feb 1, 2012.

  1. pontpwr

    pontpwr New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Parkersburg, Iowa
    Thanks guys for welcoming me. I did post some pictures of my 83 Bonneville in the garage area, hopefully I did it right. It seems i'm more at home building an engine than I am behind a computer desk. Maybe someone can help me figure out how to attach photos so they come up here? I think i'm computer illiterate. I'll try to get some restoration photos up on the 68 Tempest wagon drag car soon. jmt455, sorry but I sold the 350 a couple years back. Had to go bigger! Thanks again.
     
  2. Dewey Satellite

    Dewey Satellite New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2011
    Messages:
    4,367
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Ogden, Utah
    The easiest way to get pics up is to upload them to your profile, then copy and post them to the thread. Welcome to the forum...again. :2_thumbs_up_-_anima
     
  3. fannie

    fannie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    Messages:
    12,071
    Likes Received:
    1,324
    Trophy Points:
    698
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I went oto find your picture? couldn't fond them either???

    I believe your right, better in the garage...:rofl2:


    :Welcome:
     
  4. the Rev

    the Rev senior junior Charter Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    9,329
    Likes Received:
    54
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    BC,canada
    Fannie??...you drinkin and typin again????:rofl2:

    :Welcome: to the board
     
  5. Dogfather

    Dogfather Retired Medic

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2011
    Messages:
    534
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    73
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    London, Arkansas
    Hummmm Why does this Seem Familure?

    Have we done thins Before? :banghead3:

    Wel anyway .... Yo Dude :Welcome:
     
  6. straycat12

    straycat12 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    487
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    45
    Location:
    RI
    :Welcome: but still no :naughty::camera:
     
  7. pontpwr

    pontpwr New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Parkersburg, Iowa
    Sorry guys for no pics yet. I tried uploading pics into the garage area 3 times, but they won't upload. Everything else will. Maybe the memory is maxed or the whole computer is on the fritz. So now it looks like I own 3 1983 Bonnevilles in the garage area. Sorry again. I'll try to fix as soon as possible, maybe with a big friggin' hammer.
     
  8. Cyber-Wizard

    Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    2,328
    Likes Received:
    93
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    If you have a photo account somewhere else like Picasa, Flickr, PhotoBucket, etc you can link to pictures from there as well. In the long run it'll work out better if you do it that way as you have greater amounts of storage. There are some limitations to photo storage on forum accounts.

    If you can get the pictures stored somewhere else you need only perform the following steps.
    1) right-click on the picture where it's located and select "Copy Link Location (in Firefox) or "Copy Shortcut" (in Internet Explorer).
    2) Create a new post on the forum or reply to an existing one. While working in the new post click on the "Insert Image" button to open up an image dialog window.
    3)Once the image window pops up either right-click on it and select Paste or press CTRL and V simultaneously on your keyboard. Either of those will paste the location of your photo into the post. Press OK and it will turn up here so we can see it and hassle you about not having posted more of them. :)
     
  9. pontpwr

    pontpwr New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Parkersburg, Iowa
    Thanks, Cyber-wizard for the how-to! I'll try it soon!:2_thumbs_up_-_anima I was sooo close to taking this computer outside and putting a bullet in it!
     
  10. straycat12

    straycat12 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    487
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    45
    Location:
    RI
    take Cyber-Wizards advice , fallow it exactly , if it fails i can come over and we can fix it for shure [​IMG] (y)
     
  11. pontpwr

    pontpwr New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Parkersburg, Iowa
    I followed Cyber-wizard's advice and uploaded my Bonneville pics to Photo Bucket. This part went very well. But I still cannot get photos to show up here. I tried several times and followed his instructions each time, but when I'm finished all that shows up on the post is a red X. Maybe my computer is F'ed up afterall!:confused: Frustrated from Iowa.
     

Share This Page