Year:
Color:
Marina Blue
Engine:
8 Cylinder
Vehicle:
CHEVROLET|HHR
  • Mr. Blue - '66 Malibu Wgn

I scored my ’66 Malibu Wagon about twenty-five years ago and still diggin' it. Along the way, I've made a few changes: replaced the non-original 305ci/350 a/t with a cammed and balanced 350 V8 w/Muncie M22 donated by an original ’69 4-spd Chevelle, recently replaced the close ratio 4-speed with a wide-ratio T5 5-speed along with a new clutch, pressure plate & T/O bearing. Earlier mods were Hooker headers with dual exhaust, Dyno-max mufflers with cross-over, bb radiator, high-flow alum water pump, dual-plane alum manifold w/new Endelbrock 650 4-barrel, HEI ignition, quick-ratio GTO power steering box, full Hotchkiss suspension with shortened upper tubular A-arms, late-model F-body spindles, front discs w/1LE 12” rotors, dual master cylinder, h/d sway bars front and rear, poly graphite urethane suspension bushings.

Most recently: rebuilt the 12-bolt diff. adding a gear-drive posi, new 3.55:1 ring & pinion, h/d Strange axels & bearings. New body to frame rubber bushings, new h/d springs, gas shocks plus a matched set of 8x15 '69 Corvette Rally wheels picked up along the way. Sun tach & a small arsenal of Autometer gages to monitor engine room activities during stop light skirmishes.

Flogging the same 'ol ride for almost a quarter of a century has its benefits… heh heh. :oops:

PS. Just uploaded photo of latest addition: 1958 Shasta "canned ham" travel trailer.