1990 Custom Cruiser 1996 Buick Roadmaster

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by madbiker1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. madbiker1

madbiker1 New Member

Well, this all seems a little rushed now. It looks like I inadvertently introduced myself in another thread but here goes for the proper way.

I'm Jeff.

I'm a big car kinda guy. I like big rear drive cars. Currently, I've got a couple of 93 Crown Victorias (too bad they didn't make wagons) and now a 96 Buick Roadmaster that I just picked up after having a conversation with Ted. Ted, this may have been the biggest mistake selling those wheels - it cost me $1700.:)
    I also have a Turbo AWD Subaru wagon that I use in the winter that I just can't beat in the snow. Other things? There's a variety of cars in my driveway currently ranging from a Jetta turbo diesel to a 3/4 ton Chev truck. There are others but nothing that stands out too much. My signature suggests motorcycles - I like the big adventure bikes.
    If you're looking for parts for your wagons, I can usually give you a hand.

I'm really looking forward to this forum. I didn't know that there was a collection of "nutters" (as my wife calls me) so close by.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Jeff:yahoo:, rite on!!!:dance:, Congrats man and welcome back to "Wagon World"!! Thats awesome man, I remember tlaking with you about it and you saying "I hope it has leather"....and it did. Vic Graigs list had more pics that showed a nice drivers seat and bomber pilot cocpit but it was "delited"..I guess thats because it SOLD.

Congtrats again Man, get some pics up of the beast, that drivers interiour looked stunning comfee.

EDIT< Dam your fast on the PC, there was no pic when I posted!

Welcome to the nut house jeff, and here is a pic of Jeff's new Rodie every one......

[​IMG]

Jeff, you better get some fresh pics up soon before this pic turns into a red "X";)

Congrats again man, "Island Wagon", you know you can"t go wrong!:cheers:

3. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome Jeff, looks like a great buy, now to swap out the white walls for some white lettered or blackwalls. Looks like a younger sister to my 92, you are gonna love the Roadie, that I promise!

4. madbiker1

madbiker1 New Member

Thanks VERY much Ted! My wife isn't sure whether to thank you or not although one of the things I have planned for this car after some maintenance is a trip down the California coast to Arizona. She'll thank me after that.
    [​IMG]
    This would be my wife, my father, and my friend truly questioning my sanity.:biglaugh:

5. madbiker1

madbiker1 New Member

I do like the white letters - must be the redneck in me coming out. :rofl:

6. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Oh No, another woman that hates me because of a car:stirthepot:.........:rofl2:

I'm really looking fore ward to seeing the beast, maybe you could come by my work again AND OPEN YOUR HOOD, it'll be another,,,"whats wrong with the wagon" all over again:rofl2:

7. madbiker1

madbiker1 New Member

Man, that was frickin' hilarious. I have never seen so many people stop to ask if you were alright. I figured you must be the PRESIDENT or somethin'.

8. The Stickman

The Stickman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the forum. I like the box best. It would be nice to have a turbo Subaru instead of our regular one.

9. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome Jeff. Glad it landed in good hands. Your wife will warm up to it, once she drives it. Those are awesome powerplants under the hood. :Welcome:

10. madbiker1

madbiker1 New Member

The turbos are great little cars but gas consumption is outrageous. It's cheaper to drive the Roadmaster - I'm not kidding - BUT, the kick in the pants while it accelerates up the hill is very addictive. It truly blows me away with it's performance in the winter. I have passed ALOT of 4x4's in the snow and used it as an emergency vehicle when the fire department's F350 4x4 couldn't get through. The only Subaru that was better was the 85 DL Wagon in the snow but it wanted to go back to it's hippie roots and "be one with the earth" as rust claimed most of it.

11. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  12. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Nice wagon. You are a thief for what you paid for that thing. :2_thumbs_up_-_anima

13. VTWAGONLOVER

VTWAGONLOVER Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:Welcome aboard!!! Fine looking Roadie for sure...

14. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Hey Jeff, post a few pics of the interiour! From the one tiny pic on Grags list it looked real sharp, I know others would like to see that leather.

You mentioned Tires in another post.....:banghead3:...Well you saw what I'm riding on the Buick now, truck tires and I recall you mentioning truck tires on your Crowns. Yeah the Goodyear Cop tires were good...and good luck finding them any more as I guess you know.

I can't even find tires for my Crewzer (215/225 70R 14's) unless I go crap quality like Canadian tire/Wall Mart disposables. But I am talking "car" tire. I think I'll start looking at truck tires for it also, don't really seem to have to much choice.

15. VTWAGONLOVER

VTWAGONLOVER Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I've had really good luck with TireRack for tires. I got my BFG's there (they aren't the best tire in the world, but I've had good luck with them...). Also, there is a site called 1010tires.com where you can do a size comparison, if you want to change the size at all...:tiphat: